Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: CowRC Cow Duster No. 805 Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CowRC Cow Duster No. 805 Review

Recently I got a chance to review a rarely thought about but important *tool* that many look over but it comes in very handy. Heath from CowRC.com sent me a can of his humorously named "Cow Duster" to try out. I put it to good use this week working on my crawler and a few other projects, although I didn't get the opportunity to use it on an actual cow.

I had to sand off a bit of lexan with a dremel and as many have already discovered, the dust and little bits of lexan gets everywhere and sticks to everything. I chose this particular project to test out the cow duster because the dust from sanding lexan is about near impossible to get rid of quickly, even with a shop vac. I needed something to either wipe it off or blow it off, so the Cow Duster was just the ticket. I could have used an air compressor but I live in a townhouse and the neighbors really are not big fans of me firing up my air compressor unless absolutely necessary...I suspect I'm not the only one out there with the same situation.

I also used the Cow Duster to blow some grit and dirt out of my motors. I routinely remove them and use motor spray, but the Cow Duster works great for times I don't want to remove them but still want to keep them clean. If you spend over $100 on motors, you tend to want to keep them clean as possible.

I've yet to completely run the can of Cow Duster dry and I've used it quite a bit. It's useful for RC stuff, but I also used it to clean the wife's camera lens (after I managed to get lexan dust in it, wonder how that happened?). Other uses include the typical things you'd use compressed air for...cleaning electronics, parts, etc. For a 10oz can, it packs quite a punch. Of course, as with other brands of compressed air, you occasionally have to wait a few minutes for the can to warm back up if you use it a lot in a short amount of time, but it wasn't any more of a wait than normal, nor did it cool down any quicker.

One thing in particular that I noticed that is different about this particular brand of compressed air, it's non-flammable, which is nice if you happen to be working around flames or sparks (torches, cigarettes, etc). Another is how high PSI it shoots. The label says up to 100 psi and I believe it. I decided to do a little comparison between it and another brand of compressed air I had at my office. Heath from CowRC mentioned that it would hurt keyboards, so of course I had to try it. Shortly after that, I had to explain to my wife why I was trying to reattach the Backspace key to her laptop keyboard, I guess he was right. :banghead:

Many people will kind of laugh about the importance of using a can of compressed air, but it helps keep things nice and tidy as well as clean. It keeps dirt, grit, and dust out of a motor and electronics and keeps them running smoothly. The Cow Duster compressed air worked for all the tasks it was designed for and is still kicking, it's definitely worth a shot, especially when ordering some Moo-Slick No. 077 and MOO-Tor Cleaner & Degreaser No. 789. Check em out on CowRC.com

Here are a couple before and after pics.

Covered in dust...

All clean!

Last edited by Boogie; 10-17-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Thank You my friend!

I appreciate you taking the time to notice the things that make our duster different Looks like she went to good use!

Much appreciated

Something to consider for you guys when your out in the field... getting those rigs dirty!

The duster is great if you have a pre-slicked R/C. While our NO. 077 MOO-Slick makes an very impressive dry lube it also makes just as an impressive R/C pre-treatment!

Coat all your R/C parts....

• Forms a dry, water resistant, dirt and corrosion repelling shield
• Retards Drying/Cracking of plastics
• Literally "blow" the dirt away with our NO. 805 COW DUSTER
• Most mud will sloth off and can be rinsed away in seconds

Any questions at all feel free to ask or shoot me an email (heath@cowrc.com) Thanks for the support, the RCCRAWLER response to us has been MOO-tivating to say the least my friends!

Heath

Last edited by The Cow; 10-18-2009 at 06:02 PM.
The Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Never tried the Cow Duster, but I have been using the Moo Slick aerosol lube for a while and love it!

I'll have to pick up a can of the Cow Duster!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I have been using the Moo Slick aerosol lube for a while and love it!
I love good feed back my friend! Makes me smile

Thanks so much for supporting the MOO-volution

Heath
Old 10-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
I love good feed back my friend! Makes me smile

Thanks so much for supporting the MOO-volution

Heath
Ya know, if you want to see how well it works on an actual cow you can send a can to me, there is a dairy farm down the street and I happen to know the owner
forrest225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest225 View Post
Ya know, if you want to see how well it works on an actual cow you can send a can to me, there is a dairy farm down the street and I happen to know the owner
Thank You for the offer my friend! We do have however have an in house "cow" tester...

Quik word to the wise, never stand behind the cow when dusting the udders... Trust Me!

Heath
Old 10-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest225 View Post
Video coming soon, some of the wife's family has cows on their farm. Although I'm not sure how receptive they'll be...they weren't real big fans of my E-maxx.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote