Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: A Class Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Crawler View Post
No I just wonder why there can't be a shafty class with dig for just shafty rigs? I am still new to crawlers and crawling but I have been racing rc for a few years and we always had a class that was a non-limiting sportman's class.
Quote:
Why not have a Pro Moa class and a Pro Shafty class? Just wanting to see how everyone else feels about this subject.
Quote:
I said TO GROW THE SPORT. Most guys are not going to continue to come to comps to get blasted unless they buy a $1000 or $1500 rig.

Quote:
Well most sportsman's classes will not allow sponsored drivers in it. So you can learn and then move up to pro class and get sponsored.

Not blasting you just trying to fill in some blanks to questions I have

Where do you want to see a Non-Pro Non-Sponsored, Sportsman, Shafty Only Class?

Are you wanting it ran at Nationals?

Are you wanting to see it ran locally?

Your already running it locally so I am not sure why its an issue. Clubs generally run what their members want and are willing to put an effort into. Do you want USRCCA to make every club run a the class?

If you want it ran at Nationals or at the bigger events I not sure that is going to work either since most events require $$$ money to attend, and if you can't afford a comp rig then more than likely you can't afford to attend the event either. Since sponsors are generally a major part of events I am not sure how enthusiastic the would be about a class in which their drivers are banned from competing

In at Atlanta banning sponsored drivers would eliminate 50% of our club, and almost 100% of the clubs contributing members. That means the guys that actual do the work would have to volunteer their time to run a class they can't compete in. Our members are not that generous

In my experience if you want a Sportsman Class allow everyone to compete, so the experienced sponsored drivers will be intersted in the class. The newbs may still get their butt kicked, but it won't be because they a were not sponsored or didn't have a $1000 rig....it will be because they need to learn to drive.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I placed 14th at crawlapaloza with an out of the box losi comp crawler with a $7 motor. The MOA Shafty debate is old and wore out. I've seen Austin Dunn destroy plenty of bergs with a shafty. It boils down to one thing, driver experience. In all honesty you probably wouldn't fair any better with an moa than the truck you have now against the guys you are running with. A good driver will be competitive with any properly tuned truck.

Give a green compeditor Austin's, Joe's, or Jeff's truck and give one of them a stock axial ready to crawl with a decent set of tires and I would almost bet money they they would stomp the green guys butt.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Not blasting you just trying to fill in some blanks to questions I have

Where do you want to see a Non-Pro Non-Sponsored, Sportsman, Shafty Only Class?

Are you wanting it ran at Nationals?

Are you wanting to see it ran locally?

Your already running it locally so I am not sure why its an issue. Clubs generally run what their members want and are willing to put an effort into. Do you want USRCCA to make every club run a the class?

If you want it ran at Nationals or at the bigger events I not sure that is going to work either since most events require $$$ money to attend, and if you can't afford a comp rig then more than likely you can't afford to attend the event either. Since sponsors are generally a major part of events I am not sure how enthusiastic the would be about a class in which their drivers are banned from competing

In at Atlanta banning sponsored drivers would eliminate 50% of our club, and almost 100% of the clubs contributing members. That means the guys that actual do the work would have to volunteer their time to run a class they can't compete in. Our members are not that generous

In my experience if you want a Sportsman Class allow everyone to compete, so the experienced sponsored drivers will be interested in the class. The newbs may still get their butt kicked, but it won't be because they a were not sponsored or didn't have a $1000 rig....it will be because they need to learn to drive.
I was only asking WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT about the idea. It is something we do locally already. I am not trying to restructure the whole RC Rock Crawling scene. Man this has gotten blown way out of proportion. I am not saying any of these to better my chances of winning. I don't really know what I was really thinking that I could just ask for an adult discussion without all this other stuff. I just wanted know if had been tried before. If so did it work? That is it. I never said that I couldn't afford to build a comp rig. I was just asking a simply question and got blasted for it. I have only been to a few comps and was trying to ask a question about a topic that we always had in off road rc. Hope that I have not upset anyone, in no way form or fashion was that my intent.
Creepy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
I placed 14th at crawlapaloza with an out of the box losi comp crawler with a $7 motor. The MOA Shafty debate is old and wore out. I've seen Austin Dunn destroy plenty of bergs with a shafty. It boils down to one thing, driver experience. In all honesty you probably wouldn't fair any better with an moa than the truck you have now against the guys you are running with. A good driver will be competitive with any properly tuned truck.

Give a green compeditor Austin's, Joe's, or Jeff's truck and give one of them a stock axial ready to crawl with a decent set of tires and I would almost bet money they they would stomp the green guys butt.
You are right they would kick my butt with a shopping cart. Not being a jerk I am being serious. That is what expect from the top rated guys in the world and a guy that has only been to 2 comps. But I bet if I asked any of them for help they would help before I could turn my radio off. That is what I really love about rc crawlin......the great guys that make it. I am not being a smart@ss, I know it probably appears that way but I am being totally serious.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

What is un-adult about my response?

How did my questions "BLAST" you?

In fact most of my statements were based on my experience, and were not directed at you personally at all.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
What is un-adult about my response?

How did my questions "BLAST" you?

In fact most of my statements were based on my experience, and were not directed at you personally at all.
Sorry. You are right. I kinda just went crazy using your post as a starting point. Got caught up in the typing.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
You are right they would kick my butt with a shopping cart. Not being a jerk I am being serious. That is what expect from the top rated guys in the world and a guy that has only been to 2 comps. But I bet if I asked any of them for help they would help before I could turn my radio off. That is what I really love about rc crawlin......the great guys that make it. I am not being a smart@ss, I know it probably appears that way but I am being totally serious.
well i had the chance to crawl against austin in my second comp, ya i got stomped. but when i asked him to look over my rig and answer some questions i had, like you said he was right there. thats what i like about crawling to, everybody wants to help if they can.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
well i had the chance to crawl against austin in my second comp, ya i got stomped. but when i asked him to look over my rig and answer some questions i had, like you said he was right there. thats what i like about crawling to, everybody wants to help if they can.
Yeah the more I hear from other people the more I realize that everybody is willing to help just about everywhere.