Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Serial Number Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #1

Default Serial Number Question

My serial number is pretty low.....004563 or something close to that. Does this mean I have a rather old model? My friends number is around 024000. Also my wire covers that lead from the main chassis to the axles are clear plastic and not black rubber.

Do i have a collectors item on my hands?
KevanRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2005, 01:33 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

that sounds rather interesting.
clear insulation?
player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:20 AM   #3

The insulation for mine is clear too.

My SN is 007518
logikfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanRay
My serial number is pretty low.....004563 or something close to that. Does this mean I have a rather old model? My friends number is around 024000. Also my wire covers that lead from the main chassis to the axles are clear plastic and not black rubber.

Do i have a collectors item on my hands?
Is there anything wrong with your Nylint?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:03 PM   #5

Nope, haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I took the body off to paint it but left the chassis in the box untouched. Just happened to notice the S/N and compared it too my friends. I'm wondering if i should just go ahead and call Funrise and get an upgraded chassis sent to me.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:28 AM   #6

Do that when it breaks, NOT before it breaks.
logikfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:36 AM   #7

Quote:
I'm wondering if i should just go ahead and call Funrise and get an upgraded chassis sent to me.
Your fawking kidding me right????

You haven't even taken the chassis out of the box and just because the serial # is low you want a free upgraded chassis?

I should ban you just for being so stupid!

RUN what you have, and if it breaks because of a flaw then call support. If I read that you have done otherwise you are gone.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #8

yes i'm kidding you ...damn....can we say sarcasm? jesus christ take a freakin chill pill.

edit: figured i should point a few things out because people dont use their big heads before their littles anymore....This Entire Thread Was More Or Less A Joke...

Last edited by KevanRay; 12-17-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
yes i'm kidding you ...damn....can we say sarcasm? jesus christ take a freakin chill pill.

edit: figured i should point a few things out because people dont use their big heads before their littles anymore....This Entire Thread Was More Or Less A Joke...
Maybe if you were around here long enough you might understand where I am coming from.

I don't see anywhere in your posts to where you were making this thread into a joke. Good excuse though.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #10

No, I did hear about those idiots who called and got the chassis and sold it to make money. That's just wrong and I would never do something like that. You're also correct in that I haven't been around long, but I would like to be. I came from full scale crawlers and I'm loving the little guys. One day I'd like to build my own rig but right now I just suck with tiny r/c custom stuff so for now the walmart brand will have to do...but then again they do pretty well so thats saying a lot.

oh yea, and thanks

Last edited by KevanRay; 12-17-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #11

Quote:
No, I did hear about those idiots who called and got the chassis and sold it to make money. That's just wrong and I would never do something like that. You're also correct in that I haven't been around long, but I would like to be. I came from full scale crawlers and I'm loving the little guys. One day I'd like to build my own rig but right now I just suck with tiny r/c custom stuff so for now the walmart brand will have to do...but then again they do pretty well so thats saying a lot.

oh yea, and thanks
Alright, if you were in fact joking it was not in very good taste.

Stick around, learn some stuff on rc crawling and have fun.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:24 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Respect his Authorataaaa. Hehehehehe.

Ruffled Badgers fur.

All kidding aside, Nylint CS is are super nice and those folks who take advantage of them are not welcome here, they are providing us with a product that fit's or niche and we kinda stick up for them for it around here.
Papewayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:06 PM   #13

I understand, it wont happen again. Guess it's still a touchy subject round these parts. My friend had to get an upgraded chassis for his black truck. The inner sleeve on the drivers side split and fell apart. They were awesome about it though and shipped it right out. Not sure if it will fix his surging problem though, after a few minutes it will start and stop and start and stop and then die. Pretty sure it just needs a new battery. He left in on the charger for a little too long a couple times...like 14 hours long so that might have done it.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:02 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

That could be a battery, could be a short or desoldered wire or maybe even a bad brush on a motor. Will need to do some isolation to determine the cause.

Charged battery is easy to check.

Take a voltmeter and check the resting voltage should be ~ 12.54v.

Hold the truck between your legs and give it some throttle blips preferrably on a traction rich surface. This should simulate a load on the battery. Check the voltage while doing this. If it drops below 11-12 volts the batt may be bad can't handle a amp load.

Basically a poor mans load tester.
Papewayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #15

Just tried your idea and it dips way low. Don't know why i didn't think of it sooner but proceded to put same battery in different truck and had same issue so it's definately the battery. Thanks for the good advice though!