Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Taking multiple RC+lexan bodies over seas.Any tips?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Question Taking multiple RC+lexan bodies over seas.Any tips?

I'm getting my ass back to Australia for a while and taking a few RCs. AX-10,NN Super Clod,Tamiya Hauler ,Tamiya TA05,TLT scaler,CC01 etc+over 10 LiPo packs many motors and ESCs and a couple of Transmitters...:-Ptaking me over a week to get it all organized .

My biggest problem is the large body collection about 10 lexans and one hard one ...some are too fragile/rare and they take up a lot of room etc.There is no way that they can go in suitcases for sure...
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
0 0

start shipping. put as many over each other as you can
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #3

Get a big Pelican case or something hard like that and put them in there. Many people trust thousands of dollars of camera gear in them, I'm sure they will hold a few light lexan bodies.
tw1st3d5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st3d5 View Post
Get a big Pelican case or something hard like that and put them in there. Many people trust thousands of dollars of camera gear in them, I'm sure they will hold a few light lexan bodies.
you can actually get a pelican case that has compartments in it. I think that would be the best option out there. cost a bit of money but may be well worth it for all your crawler parts and pieces.

Cole
JOMJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks for the replies ,as far as time and money goes one box with (Super wheel/tire Moab+Cheyenne + Axial 8 Hole+ Masher,Clod chassis + axles,TA-05 minus the body,full AX-10 and CC-01 minus w/tire and bod) is going to cost me from $100 to $180 depending on the method (ship or plane).
Looks like over $300 dollars worth of shipping including the stuff I'm leaving behind to pick up next time we come here...:? could have got me the SC-10 Associated or a B44 that I've been after.
The pelican case is the best way I guess but that's at least another $100 probably.
I might have to stack them on top of each other in a large cardboard box with bubble wrap between them. But some are oddly shaped like the King Hauler lexan body and the 1/9 Kyosho Pajero and probably wont fit in the same box, I gotta try it later.

Thanks again!
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote