Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Sold Out?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #1

Question Sold Out?

I guess because it's the day after Christmas and all the Wal-Mart's are sold out. But I went to 2 different Wally World's to finally go get the 1:6 and both were sold out? It didn't even look like they stocked them anymore, I mean they had tons of other R.C. crap but no Crawler's? I guess they were just a hot selling item. I have the 1:18 Jeep and it's fine but I kinda hacked it up to make it look/work better so I wanted to get the 1:6 to paint and make nice like my 1:1 CJ-5. Anyone know if W.M. stopped carrying them or are they just sold out?
CheapJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapJeep
I guess because it's the day after Christmas and all the Wal-Mart's are sold out. But I went to 2 different Wally World's to finally go get the 1:6 and both were sold out? It didn't even look like they stocked them anymore, I mean they had tons of other R.C. crap but no Crawler's? I guess they were just a hot selling item. I have the 1:18 Jeep and it's fine but I kinda hacked it up to make it look/work better so I wanted to get the 1:6 to paint and make nice like my 1:1 CJ-5. Anyone know if W.M. stopped carrying them or are they just sold out?
They still stock them it is just do to x-mas they are sold out.....i heard thru the grape vine from nylint that the 1:6 jeeps will be hard to come by that all the scorps will be hitting the shelves now but they do still carry them i had 5 of my walmarts look for them they show they carry them but just out of them...keep looking
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #3

I bought one today at my local Wallyworld. They had a stack of them that I saw.
Brad KilbY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:53 PM   #4

Try online. Places like pricegrabber.com and the like. i was browsing for info and saw that they showed "in stock"
mahana79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I just checked Wallmart on line and they are OUT OF STOCK!
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The Wal Mart web site shows that they are is stock. Order it on-line.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:06 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

my walmart had a stack as tall as me yesterday
CoreyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:13 AM   #8
Powered by Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey14
my walmart had a stack as tall as me yesterday

yup... you suck.

I finally got the ok to get one from the wife and now, ive hit 8 wally worlds (day of hell) in the denver area... nada. i have found enough tires and extra batteries to choke a horse, but no 1:6th. going to have to wait a week or 2 for deliveries to come in.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
The Wal Mart web site shows that they are is stock. Order it on-line.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4016706
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Our local wally world put the jeeps on sale today for $119.99. Didn't have a scorpion though. Battery charging as I type.
vb6rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Checking another wal-world out of town tomorrow. Hoping to come across a scorpion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
$119.00! Hell for that price I would get another one just for parts!
Old 12-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #12

I just picked one up for $125 plus the extra tires and battery are both $5 bucks off also.
99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb6rox
Our local wally world put the jeeps on sale today for $119.99.
Hmmm, interesting.

Does this price reduction worry anyone else? Why would Wally World drop the price by $30 and therefore their profit too?

Could Nylint be pulling out of the crawlers? Maybe Wally World is just trying to clear old inventory to prepare for shipments of the latest upgraded units but I'm skeptical.
The Lyin' King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

It's the Wal-mart Christmas way. They order a ton of one item, sell it high during the Christmas shopping time, then reduce it after the Christmas shopping time. Every large scale RC they had locally has been marked down, some as much as 50%.

Wal-mart's always increase the size of the toy department during Christmas time,
then reduce it after Christmas. This means getting rid of overstock. One of our local ones had 4 rows of toys on clearance.

$119.99 will most likely be the price from now on. Which would be cool. One thing they didn't do was knock the tires and batteries down, even though they have a boatload of them.

One another notes, we have a salvage company local to MS called Hudsons. They buy stock dalmaged in fires,floods, roofs getting blown off stores, etc. One of our local ones wound up with a load of Wal-mart stuff. In that pile was 3 1:6 jeeps and 5 1:18 jeeps/scorpions. $105 for the 1:6th, $31 for the 1:18th. Going to 40% off Saturday. Be waiting in line when they open.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:04 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

The wal-mart here in ky are putting them on the over head racks in lawn and garden becouse of the size mine has 3 jeeps and one scorpion,12 sets of tires adn 6 sets of batteries. So look in other departments
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:24 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Oh my god the horror!!!!

Whoopidy Doo!
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lyin' King
Hmmm, interesting.

Does this price reduction worry anyone else? Why would Wally World drop the price by $30 and therefore their profit too?

Could Nylint be pulling out of the crawlers? Maybe Wally World is just trying to clear old inventory to prepare for shipments of the latest upgraded units but I'm skeptical.
Hey Lyin' king don't worry. This is normal stuff for wally fart. You see it all has to do with reducing inventory at the end of the year. They have to pay taxes on stuff not sold. So instead of that they cut prices and try to get rid of it. It is a normal thing for companies to do. They are making money don't worry. Maybe a wall street dude on here could explain it better than me but it is all normal stuff. So relax.... all is well.
Gary
Wildmania2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I just got off the phone with Nylint customer support and they said the 1:18 were backordered. Diddnt ask about the 1:6
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

we went to one of our local wally world and asked about the 1/6th gave a upc to him (toy mgr) and he said it is no longer a traded item...wich means they willno longer carry them he said they sold really good but take up to much space he says...they will how ever continue to carry 1/18th scale....that was just one of our walmarts we have about 10-12 more with in a 45 mile radius so i hope they continue to carry them....if not it is ok i have a 1/6 jeep a 1/6 yellow scorp and a 1/6 scale red limited scorp and 4 1/18ths so im good on crawlers or a while
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuzzz_up_dogg
we went to one of our local wally world and asked about the 1/6th gave a upc to him (toy mgr) and he said it is no longer a traded item...wich means they willno longer carry them he said they sold really good but take up to much space he says...they will how ever continue to carry 1/18th scale....that was just one of our walmarts we have about 10-12 more with in a 45 mile radius so i hope they continue to carry them....if not it is ok i have a 1/6 jeep a 1/6 yellow scorp and a 1/6 scale red limited scorp and 4 1/18ths so im good on crawlers or a while
Hmmm, might explain the BLOW OUT pricing a little better than "end of year close out".
The Lyin' King is offline   Reply With Quote