Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I ruined it!! BY NOT READING FIRST!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default I ruined it!! BY NOT READING FIRST!!

Grrr.. So I ruined my nylint... I cut the wrong tabs off, I believe, the ones under the blue control arm? well, now everything I flex, The shocks come apart, and when it catches traction, the whole rear end starts pulling out from under itself, same with the front, i take it there is no way to fix all of this crap? grr.. it flexes like mad, yes, but it will not flex back! and it really bothers me having to walk up to, pick it up, and fixed the damn shocks...

what to do???
Dana44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

add limiting straps!!! and yes you cut the wrong tabs!
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
RCC Addict

no wait you cut the right ones but you where only supposed to cut part of them
Old 12-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rocks?
no wait you cut the right ones but you where only supposed to cut part of them
I was only cutting the tabs i was told to, they didn't tell me i had to cut only one part.

limiting straps?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

add a shoe lace or some smalle strap from the chassis to the axle itll keep the shocks from pulling apart
Old 12-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana44
I was only cutting the tabs i was told to, they didn't tell me i had to cut only one part.

limiting straps?
You were told to? Try reading a little bit before you get on here and ask how to mod your jeep.

If you had taken some time and read how other people modified their Nylints maybe you would not have ruined yours.

Also, why did you create this new thread? You already had a thread created where you were asking all these dumb *** questions without searching or reading at all.

I edited the title of this thread so that it will be a leason for the other dumb asses that modify their rig without reading and knowing what their doing.

Last edited by badger; 12-27-2005 at 12:16 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I read the title of this post and thought "hmmmm that sounds edited by a mod, i better have a look!"

I think you should show pictures of the chopping.
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

We've all been there, and we've all used the search button too.

You could make "limiting" straps to limit the amount of travel, but that will mostly defeat the purpose of cutting the tabs in the first place, you won't really have much more articulation.

Another options would be to put the shocks back in the stock positions (I'm assuming you've "inboarded" them)

The best option from here would be to buy some nice aftermarket shocks/coilovers that aren't pieces of junk plastic like the stock ones. They won't come apart like the stockers and will have softer springs and a lot of them are adjustable.

Good luck!
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Well putting the shocks back in the stock location won't do anything. They'll still come apart if the tabs are cut. The axle drops more than it did stock.

I'd try to fit on some savage shocks.
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU
We've all been there, and we've all used the search button too.

You could make "limiting" straps to limit the amount of travel, but that will mostly defeat the purpose of cutting the tabs in the first place, you won't really have much more articulation.

Another options would be to put the shocks back in the stock positions (I'm assuming you've "inboarded" them)

The best option from here would be to buy some nice aftermarket shocks/coilovers that aren't pieces of junk plastic like the stock ones. They won't come apart like the stockers and will have softer springs and a lot of them are adjustable.

Good luck!
Actually, I had to return the already returned truck, apparently my dad did not notice, but the truck was a return that he bought, the mainboard blew up today. Went and got another one, this time I will read up before modding like I did, get pictures of what, and what not to cut/trim.

thanks guys.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:14 PM   #11

Default Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
You were told to? Try reading a little bit before you get on here and ask how to mod your jeep.

If you had taken some time and read how other people modified their Nylints maybe you would not have ruined yours.

Also, why did you create this new thread? You already had a thread created where you were asking all these dumb *** questions without searching or reading at all.

I edited the title of this thread so that it will be a leason for the other dumb asses that modify their rig without reading and knowing what their doing.
Wow u should not be a moderater, they gave you that power and now you can make people feel stupid, and call people who dont know everything about r/c's or this board stupid.I dont know anyone on here but the way u basicly called him a adumbass was wrong. As far as hijacking a thread, it was useless anyway in your mind. Im sure u will delete this from ever being seen and probably delete my account but i said what i thought.
P.S yes, I know my spelling and grammer sucks
dodgem37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Check his other thread, he never searched once for how to modify the suspension, he made a brand new post asking how he should modify it. I told him to search, but I gave him a general idea of the basic ways. Apparently he didn't search...notice how many times the same stuff is getting covered over and over again, and the good tech is getting buried...something needs to be done soon.
MTUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:33 PM   #13

This is starting to feel more like Pirate more and more everytime i come in here :neutral: :neutral:
mahana79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, exactly...the same useless crap over and over again...people asking questions without looking for answers...yep...smells exactly like pirate.
MTUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #15

You know, I have been registered over there for quite awhile but i only have something like 18 posts. you know why?? because of all the flaming. even the good threads have tons of useless posts from selfcentered know-it-all's that want to put someone else down for asking a "stupid" question. i have been taught since a very young age that "the only stupid question is the one that is never asked"

You know I have spent many a late nights searching and reading hundreds and thousands of posts on pirate and I have still had questions. and you know what? i got flamed for it. oh well I have looked over posts within a thread and had to go back and reread. I sure you have too.

that is all, over and out the PM box is open for comments

Last edited by mahana79; 12-27-2005 at 09:55 PM.
mahana79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem37
Wow u should not be a moderater, they gave you that power and now you can make people feel stupid, and call people who dont know everything about r/c's or this board stupid.I dont know anyone on here but the way u basicly called him a adumbass was wrong. As far as hijacking a thread, it was useless anyway in your mind. Im sure u will delete this from ever being seen and probably delete my account but i said what i thought.
P.S yes, I know my spelling and grammer sucks
I could not agree with you more, why don't you complain to the owners of this site and maybe you can get my moderator status revoked.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana44
Actually, I had to return the already returned truck, apparently my dad did not notice, but the truck was a return that he bought, the mainboard blew up today. Went and got another one, this time I will read up before modding like I did, get pictures of what, and what not to cut/trim.

thanks guys.
That's awsome that you were able to return the truck you turned into a pile of ****.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #18

Default ok

Quote:
I could not agree with you more, why don't you complain to the owners of this site and maybe you can get my moderator status revoked.
who is the owner and how do i contact him?
dodgem37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #19
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
sigged!
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #20
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem37
who is the owner and how do i contact him?
You can PM this guy.

He is 1/2 owner of the site.

No chit.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote