Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: No Traction to Rear End... poss bad drive pin in axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2005, 07:27 PM   #1

Exclamation No Traction to Rear End... poss bad drive pin in axle

Well today being the 5th day I've had my NyLint and already exploding a front hub and running on 3wd.....I lost the rear end completely.....Gettin power to the pulley on the axle but its like the rear wont "engage".....Checked the Hi-Low linkage and all and it seems to be fine....Any clue what my problem might be?

Dave
Wheels4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Is the belt slipping or the drive pin broke if the pin is broke a traxxas rustler pin will work if the belt is slipping put a big O ring on it
BrandonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If its the rear axle, and its the belt slipping, I havent tryed the O rings yet but a good fix is a belt off the front axle, its smaller and works great but sadly also wears out
bigsuzuki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsuzuki86
If its the rear axle, and its the belt slipping, I havent tryed the O rings yet but a good fix is a belt off the front axle, its smaller and works great but sadly also wears out
When you give it power, Does it sound the rear motor is spinning freely?
Dana44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:55 PM   #5

Well I know its not a belt slipping since the wheel where the belt loops around is spinning fine and the tires will spin fine till I add pressure to them, say just barely touching them....I'm begining to think maybe it is a drive pin....where is the drive pin at???

Dave
Wheels4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #6

Talking

I've already returned two nylints so far, when I would shift into high it would grind and then drive a few inches then paws and continue until I would shift back into low then once it was in low the rear was still in high and would not go back into low so when I would climb something it would not have enough power in high to climb something...so I returned it and got another and did the same so my third one is staying in low.......
1.6PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Just JB Weld all this junk together, went through this with three rear axles this weekend...

If your rear axle has a BLACK collor on the side where my white one is, then there is a small pin up on the white planetary assembly.

Either way I put JB weld inside both sides of the white collar, put it all back together and it'll bind hard now, have to get photos later, don't JB the collar to the planetary box though.

On the pictured style axle, the white collar engages with the shaft that connects the driver side tire (pictured right) to the actual drive assembly, well this BS POS collar gets egged out and no longer engages, so you have SOME movement until slight resistance is felt then it easily slips past what little friction is working.

On the black collar (earliest style chassis), the collar is black and a small drive pin is up on the planetary box instead of the blue gear that engages the white collar (middle style chassis). Well this pin spins inside the black collar and no longer has anything to engage either.

The updated chassis replaces the black and white style with an actual cast metal piece. Mucho better....But the belts slip like a mofo

And i don't care what ppl say, don't put on o-rings, just clean the super amounts of factory grease off the belts and sand the pulley and o-rings.

And contrary to belief there are actually three chassis designs, everyone's cameras were dead or MIA this weekend or we would show you proof.

Last edited by Mutt; 01-01-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote