Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Two quick questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #1

Default Two quick questions?

Sorry for the new post but I just had two quick questions. First off I'm going to be getting another 1:18th scale Nylint to do pull the front end to do a 4 wheel steering. Is there any special issues I should know about? I know that in order to have the ability to have control of it that all I need to do is to saughter (sp?) the lead wires to where the current ones are for the front axle.

Second question is I want to do that ultra low gearing mod with the remaing two axles so I'll be taking the parts out of them. Can I use that one thread that was done for that mod using the Taymia axles or is it going to be completly different?? I'm new to the RC rock Crawling thing so please bear with me.

The only things that I have done so far with mine so far is the tire flip and removed the springs all together. I plan on doing the 4 wheel sterring mod and the low gearing mod as well.

Thanks for the help.
dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

i would say the first thing you should do is use the search button on the top right hand side of the page...thatre have benn tons ore threads about both of these things aready posted
nylintcrawler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #3

Ok.

I'll post the same thing over again in both of the topics just for you. Hope your happy. Oh and thanks for the help dick.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

no need to be rude. and no need for that languege. i was just pointing out a simple fact
Old 01-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #5

My bad man.

Your site is very similar to another club that I am a member of and that is something that they seem to do as well. I am referring to the "flaming" of newbies. I understand the search button very well as I am a site admin of one website and a mod on another so yes I deal with newbies posting a lot of questions but usually I just provide them with a link or answer the question if it is really simple. I posted this new topic as there was nothing that I read that had answered the questions that I had.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Doing the low gear mod with the stock black parts will be very similar to the way I did it with Tamiya parts, but you might have to cut away a little more material in the axle cases. I fully explained this on my site and in the post. I assume you saw my post.

Also, the user "cincinnati" posted his mod using an additional stock nylint gear. So keep searching and reading, the answers are out there.

I can't comment on the 4ws mod though.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

im not trying to "flame the newbie" or nnothin like that...i just no that there are multiple threads on those 2 quistions everyware.and to me it is easier to just look for them then have to wait for people to reply toa post...