Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Post your 4 linked nylints please...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Post your 4 linked nylints please...

Hey if you can post pictures of your nylints that are 4-linked or custom chassis i need some ideas to do mine i still want to get more out of this thing. i will face my fear if someone convince me on doing a big mod i really want a challenge even if someone can give me a goog layout of a stick.
joecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You can read more and see more pics if you go to the 3rd pg. and look at my Jeep build-up thread, bu here's the general idea...

I'll be doing the front as well before long. My build has taken yet another turn so...

As far as chasis idea's you can look up RUN2JEEPN's build-up thread at the top of the 1st page. I'll be doing something simular to what he's doing.

Jon
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yeah i gonna go cheap so do you think i can get the arms from my old roller chassis that i steal from there is a E. Rustler a Emaxx and a pede i used all those on a pede crawler i like the nylints so much i will get it to beat my other crawlers.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

yeah i am going to make a home made stick it should be good.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Holy run-on sentence batman!

I'm assuming you're asking about the links?? Yea, you could get links off of anything so long as they're the length you're looking for. I used Traxxis steering links from my local HS.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

hey who needs a period im not a woman. but yeah i still need to decide but i think i will steal all my parts from the in my work shop. i might do a stick later once i get hired can you say hello $37 an hourand its only 5 minutes away
Old 01-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #7

just put mine in the gallery they are on the last page
99taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Here's a link to my build-up (just starting): 1:6 Tube Nylint
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU
You can read more and see more pics if you go to the 3rd pg. and look at my Jeep build-up thread, bu here's the general idea...

I'll be doing the front as well before long. My build has taken yet another turn so...

As far as chasis idea's you can look up RUN2JEEPN's build-up thread at the top of the 1st page. I'll be doing something simular to what he's doing.

Jon
Where did you get the "heim joints" for the end of the links? That's a sick setup.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived
Where did you get the "heim joints" for the end of the links? That's a sick setup.
You can find them in most online or real-world hobby stores in the helicopter section. I'm working on fabbing up some heavier arms for mine as I suspect they will take a lot of abuse!
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri
You can find them in most online or real-world hobby stores in the helicopter section. I'm working on fabbing up some heavier arms for mine as I suspect they will take a lot of abuse!
have you had the opportunity to land one of those arms on a rock? did it bend? I think those would hold up fine since the jeep doesn't weigh that much. Unless you go rolling donw a 50 ft hill.......
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

MUDDEPRIVED-

As was said, you can find the links at your LHS or online. You can buy them with or without ends.

They seem to be plenty strong so far. I rolled my 1:6 last week trying to climb a 15ft tall mud/grass hill at about a 75* angle. I made it about half way up before it came back down, rolled about 3-4 times. Picked it up and checked everything and nothing was hurt...the links were fine.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I have a few questions. Way would one want to take the factory arms off and 4 link a 1/6 Nylint? Besides the cool factor. I mean the factory arms are set up higher and are kept out of harms way. They still flex just as good with little work. The arms don't seem to be weak link either. SO WAY?:?
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Well for me it was two things at first. One was the fact that I couldn't stand the look of those big ugly arms, so that would be mainly looks. Second, I wanted the "pontential" to be there even if I didn't use it right away. Depending on how far you go with your 'Lint, those may not going to be the best way to go.

And the last and most recent reason is because I'm building a custom chasis. Way to much work to try and figure out how to mount those arms on a different chasis without completely tearing them apart, even if I wanted to. I've probably sepnt $20-25 on all of the links, hardwae to do the jobb, so it's not like it's expensive. I'm trying to do this on a budget right now, rjust like a lot of others.

I'll be interested to see how well the little bit of whats left of your stock plastic chasis holds up RUN. Have you planned on putting any extra bracing on the plastic part? I've seen the alum. top piece you've run. Or does it feel strong enough like it is??

I think the way your rig turned out was sick RUN. I plan on having mine look simular, except without the big blue arms;)
Old 01-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

yeah i was thinking of making a tube arms the same dimensions as the big blue ones out of brake line and use the factory mounts though if i can figure out how i might just do some cutting and triangulate and then limit strap the rear using runs picture hanging wire idea he did. AND BY THE WAY RUN I GIVE YOU PROPS ON THAT SICK LINT YOU MADE I THINK YOU SUCCEEDED IN YOUR PLAN ON THE WORLDS SICKEST.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU

I'll be interested to see how well the little bit of whats left of your stock plastic chasis holds up RUN. Have you planned on putting any extra bracing on the plastic part? I've seen the alum. top piece you've run. Or does it feel strong enough like it is??

I think the way your rig turned out was sick RUN. I plan on having mine look simular, except without the big blue arms;)

I think the blue arms really don't have to much stress on them at that point. I maybe wrong. I figured the part that needed to be the strongest was the shock mounts, and I don't believe those will go anywhere on my set up. I didn't take any bracing for the blue arms away. I mean there really isn't any braces. Only time will tell. I have already thought of something to fix it that would be bullet proof, but would add 2lbs. My goal was light as possible. I have it weighten in at 10lbs w/ battery and all. When I add my washers and BB's to the wheel it jump up a little but not much.

I like 4 links and I wish my 1:1 was linked. I just think that if one is going to 4 link a 1/6th Nylint you would need to build a custom chassis like yours. 4 link'n a stock Nylint chassis is a waste of time. There is still a huge belly on it that will get hung up on everything. I haven't seen a 4 linked Nylint with a tummu tuck using a stock chassis. I seen a few 4 linked Nylint with stock chassis's but no tummy tucks. Whats the point of that. I'm not trying to bash a 4 link, but if you mount your links on the belly of the stock chassis. 1. you can't do a TT, 2. you just killed you center ground clearance even more. I was going to Link mine up, but couldn't afford the joints that I wanted. Everything for the chassis as only cost me $8. The body $24, Paint $20, and battery $17.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote