Rob
Rock Stacker

Angry help, rear axle not pulling

My front one my 1:6 jeep is working but my back is not
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I don't want to hear someone say, oh it's the belts, you need to put in o-rings. Do you people have any idea how to troubleshoot or are you lemmings jumping off of a cliff?

Try shifting into high and back to low a few times.

Lift it up, does it work with the rear off the ground?

Do you hear a belt slip or squeal, a common problem is there is lithium grease contaminating the belt from the high-low gears slinging that crap everywhere.

If the rear axle still does not work then the next steps depends on your abilities.

Flip it over, body or not and take a look at my axle breakdown sticky. Pull off the cover and see if your shift collar is indeed moving when you shift into high and low

If it is moving position and still no driving actions then the coupler with the gearbox and high/low planetary is probably stripped.

If the belt is turning but the large pulley on the planetary is no turning something is busted in the planetary or you have major belt slippage.

If the motor isn't turning you have a board or solder issue that can be repaired yourself or call tech support.

Just try to do a little troubleshooting and get back to us
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
Rob
Rock Stacker

when I hold it up my rear moves but when it hits the ledge it stops and ot goes no ware
Old 01-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
when I hold it up my rear moves but when it hits the ledge it stops and ot goes no ware
Could be the belts slipping, or you could have sheared the metal pin in the rear axle if you have the older chassie style. Take the bottom of the axle off and make it go. Grab the tire and see if the pulley on the exle still spins. If it does then it looks like the pin is broken. If the pulley does not then its the belts slipping.
Hope this helps

Last edited by Jiles111; 01-04-2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: I keint speal
Jiles111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
Rob
Rock Stacker

When I opened up the rear I found the large pulley spinning on the axle. The belt is NOT slipping. I have opened up the small set of planitary gears (the one next to the pulley) and nothing is stripped in there. It is shifting from low to high just fine.

Is the large pulley supposed to be spinning on the axle (metal rod) if not what happend and how do I fix it?

Thank you in advance
Old 01-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob

Is the large pulley supposed to be spinning on the axle (metal rod) if not what happend and how do I fix it?

Thank you in advance
You broke the pin as mentioned above....im not sure you can fix it and have not heard or seen a way to fix it ..my first chassis did this and we tried everything and had no luck getting it fixed......sounds like you need to make a call to nylint they will take care of ya
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuzzz_up_dogg
You broke the pin as mentioned above....im not sure you can fix it and have not heard or seen a way to fix it ..my first chassis did this and we tried everything and had no luck getting it fixed......sounds like you need to make a call to nylint they will take care of ya
yep, sounds like the pin. I broke mine on the front and rear, and fixed it by replacing the broken pin with a cut down 14 gauge bike spoke. it was a pretty easy fix and has worked fine so far.
mtxride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Which pin are we discussing?

The pin on the passenger side that drives the right rear tire?

Or the pin that connects the high/low gearbox to the drive collar (black in first gen, white in 2nd gen, black in 3rd gen "upgraded chassis")

The little tiny pin i am thinking is the one that protrudes from the blue nub on the output of the high/low planetary?

Describe where in the drivetrain, I know you say the pulley is turning, is the high/low slider spinning, (white disc between high/low and the drive planetary)turning as well?

Look at my axle breakdown and thing copy/paste the photo link...

It can all be fixed
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #9

This is happened to me and i went to the hardware store and bought a small hallow tube and cut it down with my Dremel and kinda crimped it down and slid it in the hole and then i took the pointed end of a nail and put it in the hole and hit it to flare the ends of the tube out some on both ends and it worked awesome its worked sense
Emaxxman321 is offline   Reply With Quote