Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: got busted driving "motorized vehicles" at a local park!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #1

Default got busted driving "motorized vehicles" at a local park!

Me and a buddy went to a park around the corner from my house(natural desert park for horses, hiking, biking, etc) with his 1:6 Jeep, and my 1:18 former Jeep, now CXT for some wheeling. After about 30 minutes, we hear a voice from a PA at the bottom of the hill. It's the park ranger telling us it's illegal to operate motorized vehicles in the park. What's more retarded is that they drove a good 30 or 40 feet into the park with their F-150 to tell us that. At least we didn't get a ticket...that would be fun explaining. They were pretty cool about it though, now we'll just have to find another spot. Does anyone know if you can buy a 1:18 scale land use permit?
greenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Welcome to AZ We get the same trouble from time to time. Once in a while though, they'll let it slide. Also, they DEFINITELY don't like chalk outlines around gate markers (aka "graffiti" to them). Oh well, there's literally millions of acres out there to crawl on...

-WRM
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
06 Super National Champ

At least they got it right, "motorized vehicle".

Their F150 had an engine.

Apparently they don't like electrics.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
XDD

Wow, I like Kentucky, lol. I drove nitro stadium trucks at my local park all the time, as well as my old Stampede, never heard a peep from anyone, other than a few people gathering around to watch the action...
XDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #5

It's just the man trying to keep us down! There are a ton of spots to go around here, but that one was close. We always take them when we're out in the 1:1 Jeep anyways, so it's not like we're depraived
greenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:59 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

gay a$$ ranger
jeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #7

Thats crazy...When it was running, a group of guys and me would run our nitro cars in the high school parking at all hours of the night. Sometime the cops would stop by just to watch and somtimes even break out their radar guns. (small town)
Turn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #8
RCC Addict

From my limited exp. w/ rangers; They are Pricks that wanna-be cops but are too big of pussi*s to fight crime.
They feel safer dealing w/ old people, & families who litter or have too large of a campfire or park in the wrong place.
They only confront young men or a group, from a distance, or if they have Back-up.

5 years ago I parked in a spot along the river to look at a map, then a ranger passed by, 2 minutes later he came sneaking up behind my car & used his bullhorn to ORDER me to "remain in the vehicle & show my hands out of the window".

I sat there for 3-4 minutes w/ my hands out the window, then a state trooper showed up & got out of his car, then the ranger came to the car approx. 6' away from me w/ his hand on his holster & said "plaeae get out of the vehicle... Slowly".

Long story short; the ranger thought I was getting Head or smokin' Pot but he was too big of a pus*y to even check it out by himself.
The state trooper seemed pissed that he was bothered for nothing. The ranger was aggravated at the trooper for not searching me. He got red faced & everything.

To my Bro-in-Law: (He's a ranger in Utah.)
To my 2nd cousin J.T.: (He's a cop in Ky.)

Last edited by raytard; 01-04-2006 at 10:13 AM.
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

They did the same thing when I came out there for a comp. They were more concerned with us being "off trail" as opposed to motorized vehicles.

I guess they must be that bored to hassle people over stupid things.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Man that's pretty G-A-Y. I would of taken a nice big, peanut covered, steaming log on the hood of his enigine based F-150. Granted you'd probally go to jail, but it would be a great "One time when I was crawling" story!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytard
From my limited exp. w/ rangers; They are Pricks that wanna-be cops but are too big of pussi*s to fight crime.
They feel safer dealing w/ old people, & families who litter or have too large of a campfire or park in the wrong place.
They only confront young men or a group, from a distance, or if they have Back-up.

5 years ago I parked in a spot along the river to look at a map, then a ranger passed by, 2 minutes later he came sneaking up behind my car & used his bullhorn to ORDER me to "remain in the vehicle & show my hands out of the window".

I sat there for 3-4 minutes w/ my hands out the window, then a state trooper showed up & got out of his car, then the ranger came to the car approx. 6' away from me w/ his hand on his holster & said "plaeae get out of the vehicle... Slowly".

Long story short; the ranger thought I was getting Head or smokin' Pot but he was too big of a pus*y to even check it out by himself.
The state trooper seemed pissed that he was bothered for nothing. The ranger was aggravated at the trooper for not searching me. He got red faced & everything.

To my Bro-in-Law: (He's a ranger in Utah.)
To my 2nd cousin J.T.: (He's a cop in Ky.)
I work in Law enforcement ( Fed's ) Before I went with the Fed's. I was looking into being a Ranger. They give you a Truck, Four Wheeler and pay you to drive them around and starting pay was around the 40k. Now in the midwest 40K is a lot to start at for Law Enforcement. Anyway with any job they can't weed all the retards out. Some seem to slip by.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

wow, i just found the perfect job for me :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
They give you a Truck, Four Wheeler and pay you to drive them around and starting pay was around the 40k. Now in the midwest 40K is a lot to start at for Law Enforcement. Anyway with any job they can't weed all the retards out. Some seem to slip by.
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #13

Default somehow... not busted!

We were wheelin my 1:6 in Boulder Mtn Parks, when an older woman came around the corner. Its a quiet spot, and I was sure she would complain about the noise, destruction ( ) and so on. She didn't. She started to help spotting the line, and ended up watching us for almost an hour. Happy surprise.
XJbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Well, try looking at it from the Ranger's POV. Who knows, maybe he has had to deal with a bunch of punk kids with Nitro's and such that they have been getting a lot of complaints about. Yeah it sucks to get hassled, but you have to think - for every one person that is enjoying the park in an appropriate fashion, there is probably someone out there being an idiot and ruining it for the rest of us.

Like dezfan said, you should ask to speak with someone higher up in the chain. But don't be confrontational about it - Calmly explain the incident, and tell them how you are not trying to disrupt anything. If anything, you are promoting positive and responsible use of the land (at least I hope you were conscientious about not tearing up plants and stuff). Maybe then they will feel more comfortable after knowing exactly what you are doing.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Angry BS Flag

Total BS check you park laws and look for a def of a motorized vehicle rc wont be listed if they are its stupid horses will do more tail damage than ane rc truck
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I realize that. But if it is not approached it in a civil manner, they can easily ban RCs too, no questions asked. All I am saying is that maybe you can make it work so that instead of trying to fight the system, make it work for you. Show them that you do good things for the park while you are wheeling your RCs - Pick up some litter, don't tear up the foliage and such. That way, instead of always having to fight for it, you will be welcomed. I am not saying it is ok for officials to be jerks about it, all I am saying is to just handle it in a positive manner.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote