Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Modded Nylint w/pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Modded Nylint w/pics

Ive done almost every mod there is, still need to upgrade tire size. So far other than the purchase price, ive spent nothing.

Here you can see the wheel base stretch. I used wooden dowls to recreate the factory T arms, (wooden dowls were used cause i broke it at work, and they were the only things availabe, they worked so i saw no need to use anything else.) The Front wast only stretched half and inch, when the front axle articulated it hit the blue arm. alot more flex was gained by this minimal stretch

Here you can see the half inch stretch, again, wooden dowl rod.

Heres a look at the undercarriage, i tummy tucked it with a dremel, so far no need to clean it up, it doesnt catch on anything its got more than enough ground clearance under the belly pan.

Heres a shot of how i lowered the rear springs and created more lift for more ground clearance. You will also notice in this pic the rear axle is flipped and rea wired. the wires were lengthened to give lots of play during flex so i dont have to worry about pulling anything loose.

the bottom of the front bumper was cut cause the axle was hitting on it during flex. I havent dont any steering mods to it. I made it a four wheel steer rig but didnt like the way it handled so went back to stock.

Tires were cut for better traction.

battery was moved up top, gained ground clearance from tummy tuck, but CG was hurt big time.

All in all, its not the prettiest RC but it will go just about anywhere my co workers modded TLTs will. The best upgrade was the the wooden suspension links and the cut tires.

Its pretty much just a trial run for my 6th scale build anyway, no need to make it look good. This one runs so well now though, i dont know if i wanna move up to the bigger version now!!! all i need is stronger motors in the axles and i will be happy....well, that and maybe bigger tires.
BigRedB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

oh.....and yeah, the paint on the under carriage is crappy..i was bored and there was a can of paint near by...i was just goofin off so dont criticize my painting skills!!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Good ideas.. now take $6 and goto lowes and buy some tubing and extend your links that way. MUCH smoother looking ;)

LowNSlowNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedB2
oh.....and yeah, the paint on the under carriage is crappy..i was bored and there was a can of paint near by...i was just goofin off so dont criticize my painting skills!!

That's paint?

I thought it was crayon!

Is it that last picture or is the rear end of the truck out of whack with the chassis?

Seems like the rear is pushed to one side.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I dont think the axle is mis aligned...i guess its a weird angle in the pic or something. i tried lengthening the stock links and didnt like that. It just didnt seem very strong to me. Im not really concerned with how it looks, obviously. i view things from a function over form perspective and my big bulky wooden links are working very well.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Big and bulky = get hung up on stuff.

BTW: When I crawl.. its not my BODY that hits stuff.. so raising your body = raising your COG = worse in crawling.
LowNSlowNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Eh...like i said, function over form, and i can go almost anywhere a TLT can, all i need now is bigger tires.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Dude were you HUFF''N" that sliver paint during the build up.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

added TLT tires