LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

thattttssss naaassstttttyyyyyyyyyy
KrawlerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Wear face protection, and board up the windows. Your going to get roosted with all that small gravel when you get on the gas. Then next time you mow your going to shoot out a window with the gravel in the lawn.

Looks good. It sucks having a pile and not being able to wheel it, Im either home after dark, or its raining. Looking up this week though!
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #43
RCC Addict

I'd gladly trade a small eye injury in return for enough peelout power to cause it! LOL
Thats my quest right now anyway, wheel speed, not the corneal abrasion. I have something special planned for the edging, and it should contain the gravel for me. Gravel's not more than 1/2" deep or so too. Kinda had to make it stretch to cover what I wanted. May add more later if the landscape paper starts getting dug into.
Night time is the right time for crawling at my house. The girls go to bed, Daddy goes outside.
I installed some solar LED lights today too. Between them, the security lights, and my rock lights, it's all good...

Last edited by shelljeep; 02-16-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Sp
shelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Nice setup.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Got pics of it with the lights? I was just curious to see if you'd opt to mount them in the garden itself. Someone else's wife also suggested those outdoor speakers that are covered to look like rocks. Then, BAM!!, instant bad ass fun in the back yard. A few tunes, light for when it gets dark, and a cold beer. I could be there for hours.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlerKing View Post
thattttssss naaassstttttyyyyyyyyyy
Finally got out there today for a full battery pack, and I gotta agree. I was trying no weight in the tires since I've been tuning the suspension... And it is HARD.
I'm officially a rockstacker. The rears would just dig under when I'd go vertical so I've got a few strategically placed helpers now. Just enough so that it's still challenging, but you can get it after a few tries. The cool thing is that I can just unstack once I get dig.
Tonight, I'll post some wheelin pics and a few shots of it with the lights also.
Thanks for all the compliments, it feels really good to finally get to play on it.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

WOW! That is so badass! I have wheeled for a long time now 1:1 and Rc and I know the pictures does not do it justice. If you were just a little closer, I would be there this weekend! Im going to do a little something like that besides my house and make it go up the privacy fence.

How much does that flat slate run?
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LILREDYJ View Post
WOW! That is so badass! I have wheeled for a long time now 1:1 and Rc and I know the pictures does not do it justice. If you were just a little closer, I would be there this weekend! Im going to do a little something like that besides my house and make it go up the privacy fence.

How much does that flat slate run?
Thanks man! Hell, I'm going to Galv for a comp next weekend, and I have guys who want to come over from Lake Charles, you're not that much further!
The flagstone was an average of 17 cents/pound. Not a bad deal since you don't need that much. Pick the thinner pieces, dollars go further.
I've got probably $50 in just flagstone there. I bought some other crap while I was at the materials place, but I'd say $50 max in flagstone.

Here's some shots on the rocks yesterday, didn't get a good shot of the lights at night. I'll go back out there tonight with a tripod and make it happen. But yes, they are in the garden and along the outer edge.

Spent alot of time like this.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Broke out the tennis balls and set up my first course. Man, gates change EVERYTHING. Fun. My 5 year old listens well to her spotter.

Tried manymany times to get this line. Felt good when it finally happened.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Looks good! I will check on some flagstone.

I might make it over one day I think its about a 2 hour drive.

Where in Galveston is the comp being held at?
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

jealous. we got so much snow i cant even picture ooutdoor rocks anymore. Lucky we got a great indoor place local.

I hope to one day copy your ideas and build something similar that I can tell the woman it is landscaping.

Last edited by HARDTRAILZ; 02-18-2010 at 12:43 PM.
HARDTRAILZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Looks like fun!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDTRAILZ View Post
jealous. we got so much snow i cant even picture ooutdoor rocks anymore. Lucky we got a great indoor place local.

I hope to one day copy your ideas and build something similar that I can tell the woman it is landscaping.
Thanks man, kinda jealous you guys can build snowmen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LILREDYJ View Post
Looks good! I will check on some flagstone.

I might make it over one day I think its about a 2 hour drive.

Where in Galveston is the comp being held at?
Thanks, here's a link to the signup thread:
http://www.texasradiocontrol.com/for...thread.php?t=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Looks like fun!
Loads man, loads! Thanks!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Pulled off a night shot right before a big storm hit tonight. Wish the fog would have shown up better, looked pretty cool. The solar LED landscaping lights aren't too bright. I may take off the inside lens to see if that helps. They're situated so they light up the areas my flood lights don't hit. May end up adding another flood later. I would have gotten a shot of it with the floods on, but I was already dodging big fat raindrops by this point.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

That is an AWESOME shot!!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Thanks man!
I got the idea for it from some pictures I took in Ouray, CO. I'm a flatlander for sure, so it was really surprising to see just how much brighter the night sky and moon can be when you have some altitude. I wanted to take some pics to kinda match what my eyes were seeing, played around with the exposure, and got some cool shots. The bonus was the headlamps from occasional cars' effect in the picture, that streaky ghostlike light.
I'll be out there practicing with my new dig tranny off and on all day tomorrow. Got a brisket slow cooking at 225 right freakin now. Won't be done until 4 or 5PM. Might as well get some practice in while I'm out there tending the egg. Good times.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Okay, that, is AWSOME! I love that night shot with the solar lights! Nice touch. Very well done...

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelljeep View Post
Got a brisket slow cooking at 225 right freakin now. Won't be done until 4 or 5PM.
Damn....that's making me miss home.....my Pop can cook a MEAN brisket!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Thanks Jason! I appreciate it. I'm really happy with it too.

Have to invite you TX boys over for a weekend BBQ sometime. Just pulled the meat out of the egg, got it resting in a cooler, wrapped in a sleeping bag, holding temp at 177*. Smells pretty good too.
Got the edging done today, after a little bit of reorganizing the smaller riprap and edging the azalea plant, gonna call her done.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #60
RCC Paint & Graphics

That turned out really nice! You've inspired me to work a little harder on my rock course this spring. The night shot looks great too.
Rockthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote