RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   rear axle wont go into reverse (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/22757-rear-axle-wont-go-into-reverse.html)

chuck 01-07-2006 10:20 PM

rear axle wont go into reverse

I have a 1:18 nylint scoprion that i have been playing around with but for some reason it will not go in to reverse in the rear axle, everything else works fine as far as running. The steering will not go back in to the neutral position as well, it will turn right/left but it wont go back straight now. Anyways if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

hotchi 01-08-2006 09:43 AM

for the steering, take off ur front tires. u will see the hubs were the hub thing turns. well there are two little holes on top. those spin inside another peice of plastic which is the axle housoing i geuss. those get dirty and grity
u proly need to clean them

as for the reverse. have u soldered/desoldered anything on the truck?

chuck 01-08-2006 01:19 PM

How do I get the front plastic hub things off to get to the rim? I have not soldered anything on the truck but did accidently put a bigger battery on it for a while which could have overloaded something in the chip. I know it was a dumbass move but I had a spare battery and thought it was the same voltage.

hotchi 01-08-2006 04:36 PM

how high was it???

1/4 turn pull strait out. will be hard the first time cause of the glue stuff. use pliers

chuck 01-08-2006 08:07 PM

9.6volts, What do I use to turn the hub? It looks like its just a hole in there.

hotchi 01-09-2006 04:33 PM

wait.do u have the wheel off?

u need to take all the philips screws out the axle. then pull the hub/steering thing. clean the shaaft that it has.

chuck 01-09-2006 09:36 PM

any ideas on the rear axle? I appreciate your help.

93yjpiece 01-09-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotchi
as for the reverse. have u soldered/desoldered anything on the truck?

What problems can soldering wires back together cause? We tried to splice some wires today and soldered them and also lost reverse...is there a way to avoid this/unsolder the wires from the chip board then solder wires together then back to the board? Thanks for any help.

Leach

got4-lo 01-09-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93yjpiece
What problems can soldering wires back together cause? We tried to splice some wires today and soldered them and also lost reverse...is there a way to avoid this/unsolder the wires from the chip board then solder wires together then back to the board? Thanks for any help.

Leach

:mrgreen:

now it dont work at all.... but my new one should be here soon so i should be finished with my chassis when the new one arives.... then ill be able to steer again.

bballboyvo 01-09-2006 10:37 PM

Mine did the no reverse in the rear axle thing too, I pretty much just kept going forward and backward and it finally started going, no problems since.