Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New integy tube chassis...not the best

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New integy tube chassis...not the best

UPDATE... PICS!!!!
Well, I just picked up one of the integy tube chassis to put on my ax-10. It was cheap, and it had decent looks to it. So I figured for around $35 it was worth a try. Well I recieved it today, and was not very pleased with it at all. The shocks mounts already had some rust in them, but that was really the least of my worries. The main problem is the welds on it absolutly suck! In fact one weld was already cracked when I took it out of the package. It's like they tried to bridge a 1/4" gap with weld and failed. A little better engineering on the chassis would have been better, so that all the rods actually butted up to each other. That would have made it alot more sturdy to weld. I can say one plus about it though, the powder coating on it was laid down very well... I will have to get some pics up when I get out of work today. As far as performance goes, I will not know until I go through and reweld this mess of a chassis.

Here are some pics of the chassis, I put the paper towel in to show the cracked weld.

Last edited by ricerscott; 01-30-2010 at 05:59 AM.
ricerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
Sometimes, I make things.

Sounds about rite for 35 bucks, and something from a big company who I am sure has it sent to some rinky Dink child labor shop in China. Sorry to hear you aren't happy, I have thought about buying a tuber chassis but I am just gonna make one when I get far enough along on some current projects.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I think I would've been better off making a tube chassis as well. I was just going for the quick and easy on it. I didn't get a chance to get pics today so I will try to tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #4

Once again Integy lives up to their reputation, I would like to see the pics though, always curious.
show&go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I can't say I've had good luck with them either, got some wheels for Christmas and they where missing some screws. I sent an E-mail and they gave me a discount on there stuff instead of just sending me the screws. I ordered the screws on the 13th, they where sent out today after I sent them another E-mail asking where they were. Won't be spending any money there any more.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Suck it up!

It always amuses me when people post threads about being disappointed by Integy. Other than their motors, their parts and customer service are C-R-A-P.

Just for giggles, do a search for Integy and see what everyone thinks about them.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
TSK
Shelf queen

well, good work is never cheap, and cheap work is never good.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Ain't that the truth!

Searching for Inte-junk, will probably get you more hits.:-P
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
You can have cheap, good, and fast. Pick two..
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
You can have cheap, good, and fast. Pick two..
Right on, I'm with you. Anyone want to make a better one with welds strong as bull? Talk is cheap, I'll paid you $36.
Henry325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Got some pics up of the chassis!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
riz
Quarry Creeper

Those welds look like crap! Why do people even make cheap stuff that would never hold up to any use????? I hate garbage companies !

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Look a hack Gopher chassis.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
It always amuses me when people post threads about being disappointed by Integy. Other than their motors, their parts and customer service are C-R-A-P.

Just for giggles, do a search for Integy and see what everyone thinks about them.
X2

It looks cool... until you actually look at it... :?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

There is a saying - you get what you pay for. $36 for misaligned, cracked, and rusted chassis sounded just about right to me.
metallocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Looks right up Integy`s alley . Their stuff looks nice but made for a shelf queen .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

What a shitty company. Sorry about your luck.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
RCC Addict

that looks great i see nothing wrong with it im sure it will hold up just fine its probably some new flex suspension system they are working on and you my lucky friend get to be a tester. either that or its that percentage law that when you copy somebody else design you cant actually duplicate it without changing a small percentage of the design. with all the scammer threads around here lately integy needs to be in that section for putting out crap and stealing from other companys. hey mods can we get a new scammer category
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
that looks great i see nothing wrong with it im sure it will hold up just fine its probably some new flex suspension system they are working on and you my lucky friend get to be a tester. Either that or its that percentage law that when you copy somebody else design you cant actually duplicate it without changing a small percentage of the design. With all the scammer threads around here lately integy needs to be in that section for putting out crap and stealing from other companys. Hey mods can we get a new scammer category
wut?
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
that looks great i see nothing wrong with it im sure it will hold up just fine its probably some new flex suspension system they are working on and you my lucky friend get to be a tester. either that or its that percentage law that when you copy somebody else design you cant actually duplicate it without changing a small percentage of the design. with all the scammer threads around here lately integy needs to be in that section for putting out crap and stealing from other companys. hey mods can we get a new scammer category

Take a closer look . The tubing wasn`t butted against the other tubing to make a solid joint when brazed . Instead the tried to cross fill the gap , which is a very weak spot . Also a lot of it looks like cold joints . Notice the pic where he can slide the paper in between the one joint ? Not supposed to be able to do that .

Ricerscott , do you know how to braze ? That can be fixed with the proper brazing rod to fill all those gaps in completely and make them much stronger .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote