Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What's the Skinny on Redcat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question What's the Skinny on Redcat?

So I've seen these Redcat Rockslides on ebay for cheap and I just wanted to know what the scoop was on them? Are they any good? Is it worth paying $200 for it? Or should I go with a used rig thats RTC for the same price?
newtocrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

i have the rs10 redslide and its a quality piece. they also have a great customer support if you need it.
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

www.krawlerhobbies.com has them a good bit cheaper than $200. I dont see them in his site, so you might send him either a PM here or an e-mail....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

yes the rs10 should be around 160.
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The skinny is they're an inexpensive MOA RTR rig. Much like any RTR, there are things you'll change almost immediately. Check out the Redcat section of this forum and you'll see all kinds of info on them. I would suggest the RS10 over any other RTR rig, simply because for under $300 you can have a pretty capable crawler that's a blast to drive. Not to mention the support we're quickly gaining for these rigs. Shoot Jason from Krawlerhobbies, or Rob from Rampage a PM and they'll take care of you.

Last edited by jsowens; 02-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Heres all the info you need on the Redcat RS10.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I wouldnt look at one at all unless you have the extra coin to upgrade the electronics all right from the start as well as changing the upper link mounts and preferably a new chassis. Just my two cents.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
I wouldnt look at one at all unless you have the extra coin to upgrade the electronics all right from the start as well as changing the upper link mounts and preferably a new chassis. Just my two cents.
X2, your better off buying a axial roller off here or something, at least thats what i would do...
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
X2, your better off buying a axial roller off here or something, at least thats what i would do...
Although if someone wants to change all that stuff, then they will have a pretty good rig.....thats "if" though.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I dont know of ANY RTR crawler that comes with "good" electronics, so thats going to need changed regardless.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Yea, you will probably end up replacing the stock links, the stock motors, the stock tires, the stock wheels, the stock electronics, the stock chassis, the stock gears, the stock shocks, the stock screws, the stock battery, the stock body mounts, the stock antena tube, the stock servos, the stock servo plate, the stock box, the stock wires, the stock??? What else would he need to replace????

Just like the stock axial, the night crawlers, ..... I have been very happy with the RS10. The price vs performace is much better than anything else out there right now. Bying a used rig for $200 bucks is always an option too. But again, what are you going to replace on that. My dad bought a nice $500 based axial scaler and he spend $200 within the first week replacing things that he thought would make it better or at least more what he wanted.

Long winded way of saying your going to upgrade anything you buys as you break it or just want better performance. No the RS10 isn't the same as a $800 berg. But I am working on getting there for a lot less money.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
Suck it up!

Quote:
Sooo thats about the same as almost every other RTR that can be bought that a person might want to eventually comp with?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Sooo thats about the same as almost every other RTR that can be bought that a person might want to eventually comp with?
I didnt say other rtr's were better....did I? There are, in my opinion, way better built rtr's out there though, but no, not for the same price. And not moa. I just think these are kinda cheezy at the moment. Im sure Redcat is gonna be on top of it and do some good things with them though.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
I didnt say other rtr's were better....did I? There are, in my opinion, way better built rtr's out there though, but no, not for the same price. And not moa. I just think these are kinda cheezy at the moment. Im sure Redcat is gonna be on top of it and do some good things with them though.
Cheezy? Wow. I thought a MOA that can outperform a lot of crawlers with very little mods for 159 is pretty sweet!

Either way, we like them. We support them and they are our new line. We are getting ready to support them even more with a SALE on them!!! PM or Email me for details!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Quote:
No, you didn't, but you can say the same thing about nearly any other RTR at twice the price. If you buy an AX-10 RTR there's a laundry list of things to do to make it "comp worthy". Sure, you won't have the MOA goodness, but you could still say the same thing about Berg kits (which don't come with electronics or tires or a body). How many people use all the Berg parts like shocks and links and wheels and chassis or not upgrade axle parts?

Even though the Redcat may need some upgrades, you'll have a bit more $ in the budget to do it with.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote