Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Newbie 1:6 buyer....few ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #1

Question Newbie 1:6 buyer....few ?'s

I'm a verrrrrry new newbie, as in about an hour! Found 1 Wally World that had 2 left. So now they have 1. Anyway, I've skimmed the board, but help me with any things I need to know.

1) Chasis: I know I have the 'old' one with the rivots so what's my options?

2) Also, does "painting" void the warranty in anyway.

3) If it breaks, customer service or back to Wally World for best answers.

More please.............and thanks!
gpnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpnvol
I'm a verrrrrry new newbie, as in about an hour! Found 1 Wally World that had 2 left. So now they have 1. Anyway, I've skimmed the board, but help me with any things I need to know.

2) Also, does "painting" void the warranty in anyway.

3) If it breaks, customer service or back to Wally World for best answers.

More please.............and thanks!
ok for answer to #1 what do you mean by options?

#2- painting does not void warranty so paint away

#3-Nylint recomends if it breaks to call them and not take it back to wally world if you break something nylint will take care of ya by sending out a replacement part for free...so there ya go hope this helps ya out
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
I don't know which one of the dumbasses on this board gave the "old" chassis' a bad name but it is just ****ing retarded.

I just used my "old chassis" Sporion as a camera chase vehicle last weekend and you should have seen all the **** I had piled in the cab. We used it to mow down the weeds and brush and make a path for the smaller crawlers and it did it WITH EASE! It then crawled up this steep *** incline with all the extra weight on it. The belts did not slip at all and nothing broke or blew up.

I want to beat the dumbass who started this rumor that old chassis' are junk.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I don't know which one of the dumbasses on this board gave the "old" chassis' a bad name but it is just ****ing retarded.

I just used my "old chassis" Sporion as a camera chase vehicle last weekend and you should have seen all the **** I had piled in the cab. We used it to mow down the weeds and brush and make a path for the smaller crawlers and it did it WITH EASE! It then crawled up this steep *** incline with all the extra weight on it. The belts did not slip at all and nothing broke or blew up.

I want to beat the dumbass who started this rumor that old chassis' are junk.
I would have to agree i my self used to think the "old" were sh!t chassis untill i got my scorp that had the upgraded on it and right out of the box the belts were slipping so bad i couldnt drive it.My friend has has the old school one and has had no problems with anything and wheels the crap out of it and the belts and everything are still going strong the only down side to the old is the pin on the shaft breaking and that plastic piece splitting out other than that i like the old school chassis better but badger is right the old ones shouldnt be called junk they are doing better than the new ones
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #5

#3-Nylint recomends if it breaks to call them and not take it back to wally world if you break something nylint will take care of ya by sending out a replacement part for free...so there ya go hope this helps ya out[/QUOTE]

Nylint backs there product up 100%. A friend of mile had a diff get stuck in high gear, and Nylint sent him an entire new chassis no questions asked.
joegunn308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies!

I actually just found the 'specific' 1:6 and 1:18 forums. I followed this board through a link somewhere. Why would there be a general board? Kinda of confusing. I want my money back!!!!!!!! oh yeah.......never mind.

Glad to hear about the "old" chasis. Cause all the "reading" I've done on these before I purchased was about the "old/bad/p.o.s." chasis.

Thanks again and beer's to ya!
gpnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Why would there be a general board? Kinda of confusing.
We have the general Nylint forum (this one) for non tech related Nylint talk. The 1:6 and 1:18th forums are for quality on topic technical related topics.

We did that so the "tech" forums would not fill up with crap posts so you guys can find and learn how to mod your Nylint easier.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote