Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Upper Links?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #1

Default Upper Links?

Are these upper links too far apart or will that work just fine?

imotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #2

I personally would move them in closer. The way you have them set up is like having 2 sets of lowers. The farther apart your uppers are the less articulation you will have. The uppers will have to travel farther and the rod ends will bind up. Hook up the shocks and see how much flex you get. It might work. Just depends on your setup and preference.
garyba18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #3

I got them close now just having problems with it almost hitting the drive shaft. Any ideas anyone?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I thought you were talking about being too far apart at the axle end. But I see you've moved the chassis end. You need to tell us which end you're concerned about.

If your upper links are too close to parallel to each other the axle can have a lot of sideways freeplay, which will get worse if your link ends wear a bit. You need some triangulation to stabilise the axle. So you want to be not too far apart at the axle, and not too close at the chassis.

Seeing were they are on the axle, I would suggest move the chassis end back to the outside of the chassis. Check that it doesn't bind through full flex, should be hot to trot!

Cheers.
Terranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #5

I am concerned about the link nut being way to close to rubbing the axle. I cant get the chassis side outside without have to really make them want to fit. Im at a loss on how to make this come together.

Last edited by imotox; 03-23-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #6

I agree. Your links are too far apart at the axle to have them mounted on the inside at the chassis. Ideally in your case you would have them mounted on the outside of the chassis and a little closer together at the axle. With the links mounted on the inside at the chassis they way they are now, they are almost parallel. Try using bent rod ends at the axle and at the chassis to get them to fit outside of the chassis and closer at the axle.
garyba18 is offline   Reply With Quote