Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Yeah boy they rock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #1

Default Yeah boy they rock

We do not have replacement parts for the 1:18 Rock Crawler.

Thank you,

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:11 PM
To: Funrise Guestbook
Subject: 1:18 parts

Hey-

I found the parts order form for the 1:6 but I need some extra blue
suspension arm links for my 1:18. Can I order them?

I guess they just stopped making the things and auctioned off all their inventory since they don't have spare parts. What a bunch of goons.

I guess I'll do like everyone else and say it broke and get a whole friggin' unit sent to me, take the arms off and trash the rest.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Dude, that company has a better customer service department than most other places. Posting up and calling people goons isnt going to get you anywhere either. Nylint is on this board and you could have gone to him instead of posting little problems about the stock suspension. I would say just mod the stock suspension to be better, but you either messed up trying to do something or your not capable of doing something new, especially if you would consider "junking" the rest of a complete one.

If you need a stock blue piece PM me your address and Ill send you one.

Leach
93yjpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Why bother getting new stuff when you can mod and make better? I've already taken off the blue crap on the front, and the only reason it's on the rear is because I don't have the money nor time to go out and buy stuff to make things I need. Also I can't drive yet. lol
Collapse_The_Masses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Dude, it's a TOY FROM WALMART. Not a hobby grade truck. WTF do you expect? You want spare parts, buy another truck.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 PM   #5

i couldnt have said it better my self how can u complain about getting the parts u need and the other parts that u could need later thats like askin for a 100 bucks and gettin 300 would u complain then man i tell ya some people can find any thing to complain about i guess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bennett-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
Colt Python/SR9c

ADAM- your my hero.... I now have a new sig line.. Thank you
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
RCC Addict

lol...thanks. I got a new sig too!
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #8

It's a $45 toy from Wally-Mart that probably costs less then $5/unit to produce, what company in their right mind would stock spare parts? ;)
erikrs301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:55 AM   #9

A few Bic pens. lighter. Few tools.... Build them better..
UPNOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver
We do not have replacement parts for the 1:18 Rock Crawler.

Thank you,

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:11 PM
To: Funrise Guestbook
Subject: 1:18 parts

Hey-

I found the parts order form for the 1:6 but I need some extra blue
suspension arm links for my 1:18. Can I order them?

I guess they just stopped making the things and auctioned off all their inventory since they don't have spare parts. What a bunch of goons.

I guess I'll do like everyone else and say it broke and get a whole friggin' unit sent to me, take the arms off and trash the rest.
I'll send you a set of stock suspension arms.

$10 shipped...unless you want to trade something.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikrs301
It's a $45 toy from Wally-Mart that probably costs less then $5/unit to produce, what company in their right mind would stock spare parts? ;)
I'll take a stab at this one...

A COMPANY THAT USES THEM?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett-racing
i couldnt have said it better my self how can u complain about getting the parts u need and the other parts that u could need later thats like askin for a 100 bucks and gettin 300 would u complain then man i tell ya some people can find any thing to complain about i guess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What exactly is like asking for 100 bucks then "gettin" 300? I haven't asked for anything for free. I'd gladly pay for the parts.

Please explain.

I think the real reason you couldn't have said it better yourself is that you cannot form grammatically correct sentences, or words for that matter.

Last edited by silver; 01-26-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamF
Dude, it's a TOY FROM WALMART. Not a hobby grade truck. WTF do you expect? You want spare parts, buy another truck.
I expect someone with a brain to act intelligently. This wasn't a hard reques (or request for that matter... ). It should be so simple and any amount they'd charge would more than pay for the labor it would cost to get it to me. Of course, I have dual business degrees and don't expect everyone to be gifted with such rare knowledge.

Last edited by silver; 01-26-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collapse_The_Masses
Why bother getting new stuff when you can mod and make better? I've already taken off the blue crap on the front, and the only reason it's on the rear is because I don't have the money nor time to go out and buy stuff to make things I need. Also I can't drive yet. lol
Most people make their trucks really ugly. I'm after more of a detailed, scale look and have ended up extending my arms too far and have caused some suspension problems. Specifically, if I shorten them back up a bit, my servo will then tuck between the front bumper and the chassis - now it's hitting on the front bumper limiting compression. I used superglue on the aluminum tubing and I tell you what - they don't joke when they say it's permenant
Old 01-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yjpiece
Dude, that company has a better customer service department than most other places. Posting up and calling people goons isnt going to get you anywhere either. Nylint is on this board and you could have gone to him instead of posting little problems about the stock suspension. I would say just mod the stock suspension to be better, but you either messed up trying to do something or your not capable of doing something new, especially if you would consider "junking" the rest of a complete one.

If you need a stock blue piece PM me your address and Ill send you one.

Leach
Contacting the company didn't get me anywhere either. As for "gone to him".... well the sentence is a bit corny but you're actually misconstrueing the entire thing - if it were that important I wouldn't have posted on here. I would have called the corporate office, went as far up the ladder as I could have and got results in a civilized manner, but since we are dealing with, as some other kid pointed out, a "TOY FROM WALMART", I didn't exactly care about offending anyone, particularly a goon from Nylint. :-P
Old 01-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #16

All this being said, I really don't expect to upset anyone that matters regarding this. The truck is well worth the money; I just basically got irritated that I couldn't get a simple part sold and mailed to me. They didn't even entertain the thought. In today's world, servicing the customer is what sets a company apart. Now I won't continue this line of thought because I am in the wrong company, all I'm saying is they could have gave it a little more attention. After all, I am a customer of theirs. If this doesn't make sense to any of you, I'm sorry but the only thing to be said is that you lack the business sense to relate to what I'm saying. That's not an insult, just an observation. After all, most of you are just kids.

Last edited by silver; 01-26-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

wow...silver asked a realy simple question and you all like freeked out about it! this fourm should be a place where people can come ask a question and have a few people help him out....
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikrs301
umm...a smart company...lets say it cost 10 cents to make a part...they sell it for 5 bucks and they could easly make that cuz people whould rather pay 5 bucks to fix it rather than 45...duh.now im not saying i would...but alot of ppl would,so to answer your question i gess any company that wants to make money would....
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver
I expect someone with a brain to act intelligently. Of course, I have dual business degrees and don't expect everyone to be gifted with such rare knowledge.
Of course, you do
Does it make you feel better about your small manhood to brag, on an internet site dedicated to toys, about how educated you are . Maybe your parents didn't love you, so you feel the need to belittle others.

All hail the THE GREAT and WISE SILVER, MASTER OF ALL
Fiveology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

we have sombody/had sombody like u on the smf forum

majinstump
lol
hotchi is offline   Reply With Quote