Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my nylint....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #1

Default my nylint....

ok i bought a nylint 1:18 scale rock crawler from wal mart yesterday.. and painted for a couple hours today, ok ill post some pics and you tell me what you think of it.. lol i was to excited to let all the paint dry befor retaping and painting something else.. so ill do some touch ups later...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e/DSCN1378.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e/DSCN1377.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e/DSCN1379.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e/DSCN1385.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">
konafreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i like the colors. it looks pretty sweet alot better then they do yellow.
i still have to paint my scorpion and was wondering how you masked off the tubes?
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looks good......i like the green...much much better than the yellow!
robvbro81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #4

lol well i just put a big piece of tape over it, and then used a excato knife and cut otut around the tubes.. it took liek 30 mins.. not bad thom and i like how it turned out
Old 01-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

whats up joel haha lol looks good umm to evory one else im new to these fourms altho i have been reading them for almost a year, thought it was time to join in.
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #6

Thumbs up

My scorp is painted the same colors except my green is darker and I painted the interior pan a flat tan color. I painted the inside first then masked it off. Next I sprayed everything green and masked over all of the green areas and left the tubes exposed, got a really nice sharp paint edge this way. Lastly I painted the tubes flat black and then removed all of the tape. Looks awesome. Always remember when painting spray your lite colors first and then your darker ones, that way you dont change the shade of the lighter colors by aplying them over darks. Also I used all flat primer colors that way they dry faster and if you scratch it you're not out a bunch of time trying to match a gloss finish. Sorry to be so long winded but I hope this helps some of you all out. Later, Mike P.S. your scorp looks awesome.
Scorpion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion King
My scorp is painted the same colors except my green is darker and I painted the interior pan a flat tan color. I painted the inside first then masked it off. Next I sprayed everything green and masked over all of the green areas and left the tubes exposed, got a really nice sharp paint edge this way. Lastly I painted the tubes flat black and then removed all of the tape. Looks awesome. Always remember when painting spray your lite colors first and then your darker ones, that way you dont change the shade of the lighter colors by aplying them over darks. Also I used all flat primer colors that way they dry faster and if you scratch it you're not out a bunch of time trying to match a gloss finish. Sorry to be so long winded but I hope this helps some of you all out. Later, Mike P.S. your scorp looks awesome.
yea i was just to umm... lol, i just wanted to get it done so i rushed and it turned out kinnda crapy... buts its ok next time ill take my time, ok so i have the look.. now i need the power and performance... thanks for the quick feedback guys
Old 01-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #8

the hole rolbar comes off with a few screws
nepacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepacrawler
the hole rolbar comes off with a few screws
is that a question? statment? or did you just find that out? lol sorry i cant tell if you were asking