Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Weird sounds coming from Steering....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
_Jp

Exclamation Weird sounds coming from Steering....

Well like it says. Did a search for "humming" "electrical sound" "sound" etc and found nothing specific to this.

basically found this thing for 25$ at a walmart. i have a couple of the 1:18 that i just run around the house to scare the dog and do some shoe-crawling. neither of these make this sound. this thing looked new - not like someone returned it, the box was tapped up and all the parts looked bagged and twist tied nice and clean.

its a humming type sound, not very loud but loud enough that i had the tv on and i heard it. i tried a little test of stop/go, siting, etc. it makes this sound only when its sitting still. just when it stops from running its a steady humming sound. any ideas???

also, when it switches from low to high the sound coming from the axle sounds like its grinding apart inside. i switch the toggle on the trigger and ill just bump the throttle a little forward or backward and it makes that sound. is that normal as well?

nice forum, lots of good info and mods.
_Jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #2

The humming is normal, try adjusting your throttle. also the grinding between High and low is also very normal.
jkoch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
_Jp

cool. found a thread about the controller, figured id take it apart tonite. also didnt know if i was getting feedback from something in my place. tried to use all different channels, same noise. way too rainy here to take it out to see if it make the noise outside. monsoon season in virginia. thx for the info.

jp
_Jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

It's just the steering motor (not a servo) adjust your steering/throttle trim. If it still slightly hums just turn the steering wheel left and right real quick. Or take the return to center spring out and turn your steering whel on your controller till it stops. Doing this mod and taking these few precautions will save your knuckles.
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #5

thats normal
jeepercreeper is offline   Reply With Quote