Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Pti Mmt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Pti Mmt

hi all...

i need some slightly shorter dogbones for this rig. (using the TC3 spools to lock up front and rears)... and the outdrive ball cup slots are EVERY SO SLIGHTLY more shallow than the stock slots (outdrive cups of the diffs)

so i'm wondering-- exactly how long are the stock dogbones (ie from the diff to the wheels) ?

i need dogbones that are about 3-5mm shorter than the stockers. i tried deepening the slots on the TC3 spool outdrive cups--- but didn't help much because the dogbone ball-ends are also running into the inner diameter of the cups.

reason i need to shorten: the dogbones being too long are preventing maximum steering angle. as the axles rotate, the steering angle can reach maximum at certain points, and then pushes back from maximum at other points. makes for some TERRIBLE steering characteristics.

i'm also going to go 4wheel steering as well, but want to nip this issue in the bud firstly.

also--- anyone every notice there center CVD's hang-up on the ball cups at the center tranny? like when the truck is sitting at full ride height (ie not compressed at all)--- the angle of the CVD's is extreme and is not rotating quite freely in the center ball cups. i think for that i can simply grind down the ball cup tips and make them 2-3mm shorter... and will still have plenty of CVD tips into the center cups.

but the stock wheel axle dogbones gotta go. unless maybe i trim the wheels axle ball cups shorter, allowing more extreme anlge of turn. but i'm not sure if that will work.

plus was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone and maybe get thicker dog bones at same time as shorter? do they exist?

Towers got so many dogbones out available-- just not sure what length to buy--- and not at home to do any measuring right now.

anybody got the figures for me? thanks much!

also, any suggestions for a scale body on this thing? found a 1/10 truck body at about 16inches long, 6 inches wide, 10.5 inch wheelbase. think that will look more scale? or just to darn long maybe?
WRXronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links