Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: exceed maxstone 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #21

i've heard that because they are so new, places dont order that much stuff, now that everyone is running out, people will order more and stuff will be more available. we'll see

like i said, i upgraded the servo and the driveshafts and i havent broken anything since. it still has horrible torq flex though. not too bad though, the pens were only $2 for a 4 pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
If your home brew two stage springs aren't "enough" and you're looking for more spring or slower action, maybe you could try some small pen springs inside the shocks as well...?
thanks for the suggestion jeepin, i got 4 little springs from some pens and put them in the shocks, but it still flexes. i'm gonna try and take them out of the front shocks and see if that makes a difference. i'm ordering some shock oil from CKRC and i'm gonna see if that helps.

Last edited by creepcrawlin; 05-23-2010 at 05:03 PM.
creepcrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

i know this is an old post but how is your Exceed holding up? I have all ready stripped out my front locker and had to go to a Axial locker.
if you havent done it yet pull the diffs and tranny apart and put greese in them.

here is a write up i did on the axles
Axial and Exceed axles comparison
claycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycity View Post
i know this is an old post but how is your Exceed holding up? I have all ready stripped out my front locker and had to go to a Axial locker.
if you havent done it yet pull the diffs and tranny apart and put greese in them.

here is a write up i did on the axles
Axial and Exceed axles comparison
my exceed is holding up fine, i havent driven it in a month of sundays. but i actually just put the batteries on the charger the other day and i plan on driving it some more here soon.

i know everyone hates these things, but mine has done great since i upgraded the driveshafts, got a servo with metal gears and upgrade the steering arm to a metal one (just in case) i paid $150 for mine out the door and i've put about $50 into the it and it's doing just fine. i'm not into competitions, just screwing around in my backyard and the local river. i have a real 4x4 that's taking up most of my fundage right now.

i also adjusted the links, took off the diff skidplates and took the foam out of the tires. the foam being removed may be the best thing i've done, the tires work great now and i can definitely notice a difference.

there is still one drawback though and every 10th scale has it and that's the wheelbase, it's WAY to long. i've been trying to figure out a new way to shorten it, but havent had the time to try anything.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:47 AM   #24

It was very nice to read through this thread and see opinions on this kit. I have been looking at buying one of these for my daughter (so she doesn't ask to drive my Axial). I don't think I would buy the 1/10, maybe the 1/16. The price is right and it looks like it has everything she would need to get started. I think I may give one of these kits a shot.
XJK07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Looks good!

Last edited by Hyde802; 11-17-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

I’m very happy with mine and until I drive one that does better (and i know better is out there) and knowing that most of, if not all the Axial parts will interchange why not get one. I know it’s not the best that money can buy but thing can always be improved on.

As for the torque twist all I did was put about 9mm spacers on the shock shafts and filled them with 55 weight oil and left the black springs on it. turned the shock upside down (cuz they leak) and move the lower links. ill post pics when my son is asleep cuz its his x-mas gift.

Last edited by claycity; 11-18-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #27

I had kinda lost interest in my maxstone 10 until this thread was brought back from the dead. i've been poking around a few websites and it looks like there are more upgrades/spare parts now available for the maxstone 10's.

CKRC has suspension upgrade kits for pretty cheap ($25 and $60) plus a few other parts that are made of metal instead of plastic, i bought my metal driveshafts from CKRC and they are the shit. not worried at all about breaking them
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/exceed-c...c-192_228.html

atomic mods also has a bunch of axial stuff that isn't too expensive.
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...s-Hop-Ups.aspx
Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Dude thanks for the link on pay day I’m going to order this kit for my son’s crawler. And I highly recommend everyone to buy this to get rid of your plastic lockers http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-hea...-2-p-3058.html
Old 11-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

I might just buy these since I’m already running the axial locker up front and do the same for the rear
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ax30464-...-2-p-1071.html

Last edited by claycity; 11-18-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #30

i'm just gonna replace stuff as it breaks, plus i think there are other issues that could be fixed to make it a more capable crawler. as i've said, the wheelbase is FAR too long. 9 times out of 10, when i cant get over an obstacle, it's because the skid plate is dragging on something. bigger tires or shortening the links would easily fix it.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #31

i just bought one of these too! we have a spec class just for the maxstone that i want to run. ckrc actually is selling upgrades for these too ( i think most parts are just ax10 stuff) but with a little tuning they are fairly capable rigs.
uglysami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepcrawlin View Post
i'm just gonna replace stuff as it breaks, plus i think there are other issues that could be fixed to make it a more capable crawler. as i've said, the wheelbase is FAR too long. 9 times out of 10, when i cant get over an obstacle, it's because the skid plate is dragging on something. bigger tires or shortening the links would easily fix it.
cool dude
im going to take the bumpers off and shave the mount holes off too
Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

i have had my max 10 since the first of the month and have run mine every day some times go through 3 batterys it has held up very well things i did

1. took off bumpers
2. shaved the axles for clearince
3.changed springs
4. turned shock upside down
5. moved links around
6. moved shocks droped rig 1/2 inch (helped alot on roll overs)
7. built plate too move esc and reciver to front axle
8. built link plate moved battey to front links
9. trimmed foam (alot) and added weight to front tires
10. lowared body (looks lot better)

this has helped a lot with my set up it crawls so much better and no tt and roll overs are cut in half

i am really surprised at this rig best bang for buck i payed 120 for it and have not looked back even when i do have to replace stuff i will still be cheaper then most rigs and still have fun
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Dude we need pics of your rig
Old 11-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

i'll take some later today and post them up it not very pretty but it gets the job done lol
Old 11-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Thats what counts in my book. Function over fashion.
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Old 11-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

i will be moving the lower links out more very soon just got to get longer bolts
i added stoppers on the shock rod to cut down on extra flex
Old 11-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

hi i bought one last month for my son for christmas $124.00 free shipping.i just bought another one for my 9 year old daughter $109.00 free shipping. we have not drove them yet.cant wait to open them. i have 3 ax10's we play with now.
creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepr69 View Post
hi i bought one last month for my son for christmas $124.00 free shipping.i just bought another one for my 9 year old daughter $109.00 free shipping. we have not drove them yet.cant wait to open them. i have 3 ax10's we play with now.
your kids is going to love them

ya they are really good beaters. with just a little tinkering on them they run great and for the price you cant beat them