Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: feedback on the exceed 1/8 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default feedback on the exceed 1/8 crawler

any feed back on the exceed 1/8 crawler It just came out for 200.00 looks to good to be true
BillV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

lol, might want to purchase a fire suit...wait for it... Just do a search on here for EXCEED CRAWLER and then on YouTube. this has been discused like 4 time in the last week.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

omgwtf. that thing looks like a crawling pile.

Needs longer links and wider axles.

edit: Gah! Their description on http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scexrcmadcr.html is full of terrible buzz words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceed
Unique Aluminum Alloy twin vertical plate chassis design
Revolutionary multi-link crawler suspension design
heavy duty special harden metal ring and pinion gears, axles and axle shafts
Advanced aluminum alloy suspension links
DunkinMcNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #4

These tires are way to small for that truck it looks funny :P
hugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #5

Default Max Stone 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
any feed back on the exceed 1/8 crawler It just came out for 200.00 looks to good to be true

I have no prior experiences with any other RC Rock Crawler but I just bought one of these for me and my nephew. I am sure there are much nicer, more expensive models for sale that may outperform this. But I can tell you it's a ton of fun right out of the box. This thing not only looks cool but climbs right up couchs and stairs. Seems to have a lot of power and insane articulation. I can't wait to take it out back and try it on some actual rocks.

Pics from tonight:

NJGreenBudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I would venture a guess that isn't the 1/8 model.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #7

Well, you guessed wrong. It is indeed the 1/8 scale, it's actually bigger, heavier and stronger than I had expected.

It's 655mm long, 375mm in width, 320mm in height and 182mm wheels. It weighs 5,150g. And it says MaxStone 8 on the side.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Cool

Yup' my grandson just called me today and said -> hey gramp' check this sucka' out' - and he now want's one of these puppy's too' - NOT' - just play with that stupid' Wheely king gramma' got ya' for X-mas' and keep them grade's up to boy' - Lmao' - if it was saling for like a 100.00 out the door maybe I get him one to break soon anuff' - I can find just about all the part's one by one on RCC' for sale as used' to build a descent used AX-10 for under 200.00 brotha' - it may take me afew month's of seaching high and low' for all the stuff to throw one together - but' still I'd have a shit' load of aftermarket part's from alot of vender's on here to get upgrade part from - and who' going to offer you upgrade'-able part's or even plain old replacement part's for that matter' - for that brand of a crawler as of yet' _ hey I'm not knocking you for getting that Youngster and yourself just something to have a blast with - I'm just saying it's not a good known brand' as of right now- time will till thou' - and I'm glad to see that you at least got something to crawl with and I surely hope it lead's you both to better thing's down the road - Enjoy yourself and have FUN' - that's all that matter's to all of us fellow' crawler brotha' - carry on man' - Scoot'er.

Last edited by scootertrash; 04-13-2010 at 12:51 AM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGreenBudd View Post
Well, you guessed wrong. It is indeed the 1/8 scale, it's actually bigger, heavier and stronger than I had expected.

It's 655mm long, 375mm in width, 320mm in height and 182mm wheels. It weighs 5,150g. And it says MaxStone 8 on the side.
Oh snap, read my own link wrong from a previous post. How does the 1/10 look more retarded than the 1/8? Weird.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

All that matters is that you like it. The Fan Boys of "insert favorite crawler brand name here" will call you and your truck every name in the book because you didn't buy what they bought. It looks like a cool enough RC and if that is what you can afford then go nuts!

My only concern would be replacement parts. All RC's break a part here and there and from what I can see there is no place to buy replacement parts for this RC.

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 04-13-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
All that matters is that you like it. The Fan Boys of "insert favorite crawler brand name here" will call you and your truck every name in the book because you didn't buy what they bought. It looks like a cool enough RC and if that is what you can afford then go nuts!
Theres a reason for that...

Quote:
My only concern would be replacement parts. All RC's break a part here and there and from what I can see there is no place to buy replacement parts for this RC.
...woops! You beat me to it!
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

nitrorcx.com sells replacement parts
http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c875-maxst...een-24ghz.html
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #13

The manual has every part # too. I don't understand why people say you can't buy replacement parts. Now aftermarket might be a different story. But the good news it that I really don't need anything more than this. I am not interested in comps or the like, just fun times with my nephew in the back yard. I bought it mostly for him but I am getting quite a kick out of it too.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #14

Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #15

Old 04-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

I think they look nice! Also my brother has a exceed nitro buggy and all of its parts are interchangeable with red cat.
will1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #17

well I just bought one too I like it. Sure I could afford a little ax10 but I prefer 1/8. There is even some one making metal gears on Exceed's forum.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #18

Yeah the 1/8th is more fun for me than the little trucks.

Bad news though, I had the first part failure this past weekend after some serious crawling. Took a sideways roll down 8 or 9ft of 60* rock and cracked the steering servo horn. It broke in two spots, where the horn meets the servo and the ring around the servo gear. Now the good news is that this is a cheap and easy fix that looks to be a fail safe point to prevent damage to the steering links or actual servo gears.

I went ahead and ordered a standard servo horn but also opted to buy a new 208oz servo with new horn as well.

I'll post some pics of the damage as well as the new parts. Also purchased two new 5000mAh packs and fast charger for extended crawling outings.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #19

wow, that doesn't realy look too bad for an exceed.... as for the servo you may want to invest in a aluminum servo horn, they last longer and to tell you the truth, if you have a good servo and metal links a fall like that wouldnt really do much damage. IMHO (I could be wrong since it's a 1/
Cenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGreenBudd View Post
The manual has every part # too. I don't understand why people say you can't buy replacement parts. Now aftermarket might be a different story. But the good news it that I really don't need anything more than this. I am not interested in comps or the like, just fun times with my nephew in the back yard. I bought it mostly for him but I am getting quite a kick out of it too.

That is the best reason in the world to buy the one you want. I have two Axial based trucks that my wife and I use to spend quality time together. Have a blast. Competition isn't all there is to RC rock crawling.
Kevin
husky385 is offline   Reply With Quote