Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Kyosho Rock Force

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #1

Default Kyosho Rock Force

Who has one and what do you think about it?
new4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Dood, there's an entire section dedicated to the Rock Force on this forum. Read.
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
RCC Addict

dont get one!
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
dont get one!
Why they have it on www.rctvlive.com now and they said they liked it. What is it about it you don't like?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoojunkie View Post
Dood, there's an entire section dedicated to the Rock Force on this forum. Read.
Dude, learn how to spell. Thanks for the link!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
RCC Addict

the amount of money i've spent on mine and gotten no where, i coulda built to B.A. bergs, my axil w/o dig works better than my rf.

i did have a moa kit made but hasnt got here, hopefully that makes it better.

still dont get one!
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by new4wheeler View Post
Why they have it on www.rctvlive.com now and they said they liked it. What is it about it you don't like?
Those guys also don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to crawlers.

SKIP THE ROCK FORCE.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dude, learn how to spell. Thanks for the link!

heres a link...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/a/

don't like people that don't know there a$$holes from their elbows....

EDIT...

just watched the video...couple of things....

1. the pinion and spur gear...NOT adjusted correctly..if they know RCs, this would be easy for them.

2. They said that a 20 turn to 27 turn will work "no problem"...lets just say that you don't know anything about crawlers...is that true for all crawlers????......hummmm.

3. They said its optional dig system...remember you don't know anything about crawlers...whats a dig system....

I would double think about listening to them...you came to the right spot to really learn about crawlers if you want one...

Last edited by squatch71; 12-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
heres a link...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155

don't like people that don't know there a$$holes from their elbows....

EDIT...

just watched the video...couple of things....

1. the pinion and spur gear...NOT adjusted correctly..if they know RCs, this would be easy for them.

2. They said that a 20 turn to 27 turn will work "no problem"...lets just say that you don't know anything about crawlers...is that true for all crawlers????......hummmm.

3. They said its optional dig system...remember you don't know anything about crawlers...whats a dig system....

I would double think about listening to them...you came to the right spot to really learn about crawlers if you want one...
I was not worried about a dig system was just that the crawler looked very cool. Some of you guys seem so upset that the show is not an expert on crawling but hey it did get me interested which is a good thing. why so angry? but i do appreciate the advise
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
20K Club

Quote:
I was not worried about a dig system was just that the crawler looked very cool. Some of you guys seem so upset that the show is not an expert on crawling but hey it did get me interested which is a good thing. why so angry? but i do appreciate the advise
Many of us are angry because a "show" like that is going to lead you into buying the wrong kit. Everyone here loves crawling and we all love to see new people join. We just REALLY dislike when people who don't know anything start giving terrible advise. If you went and bought the Rock Force the terrible kit choice may run you off forever. We would rather see you get something that has great potential and that you may truley enjoy for a long time.

Trust me, many of us have pissed money down a hole by buying the Rock Force.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Many of us are angry because a "show" like that is going to lead you into buying the wrong kit. Everyone here loves crawling and we all love to see new people join. We just REALLY dislike when people who don't know anything start giving terrible advise. If you went and bought the Rock Force the terrible kit choice may run you off forever. We would rather see you get something that has great potential and that you may truley enjoy for a long time.

Trust me, many of us have pissed money down a hole by buying.......
JUNK....

I changed to junk...cause I have for sure. x2 on the post Harley...I wouldn't feel right by reading this post and not looking at the same show that you did and NOT say the things that I found...only to help you as RC'er. Your excited about this crawler..and that is great..I don't have one, nore will I purchase one...because of the threads on this web site..and the "professionals" on here...they know what works...

as far as the show..I watched the whole thing and watched the other show they have...is it corney...sure, is it entertaining..you bet..does it have good material on there...some of it..and I am happy that they are doing what they are doing, and trying to get more people interested into the hobby..but I do think they need to be more indepth with the information they are putting out to the crowd that doesn't know and think they are experts...just on the 3 things I found without really looking hard...they aren't experts...just enthusiasts with a camera.

and kudos to you for coming here and posting what you found and asking for help...its better than running and getting it...then posting "this piece of crap..how do I sell it..."

is that clear??? hope so.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #12

I got mad after reading what you guys posted (because they reccommended this crawler and you guys said is sucked) so I emailed rctvlive.com here is their response.

Everyone in the office has been in the hobby for a minimum of 10 years. Are we experts in RC Crawling, no but how many professional full time RC rock crawlers are there in the world? We also suggested to you that you look around and see what else is out there. Did we have any problems with our test Rock force at all? No, not one. Did we beat the heck out of it, including me who has never driven one before? Yes. Did I have a great time running it? Yes I did. Also we get nothing from Kyosho so it was a completely unbiased opinion. We are doing the best we can to make everyone happy and from your email about the forum posts it looks like we have some work to do. The one BIG positive we see is that because we are shown on television in the US and now in Italy we are exposing a LOT of people to the hidden hobby. Based on the emails we have received for a show that has only been online two days, we are VERY happy. I would just say take information that you have and make an informed decision. We have expert help on the way from RC4WD.COM so they can also give insight. We would never suggest a vehicle that gave us problems on the show. Maybe the problems they spoke of did not manifest themselves until later on. The two weeks we beat up on ours it was great! We have many more crawlers on the way and accessories. We appreciate your email and for watching! Remember this is a hobby, have fun!

Best Wishes,
Linda Byers
Asst. Producer
www.rctvlive.com
Old 12-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Yes I have one and currently comp with it...Different chassis and shocks but Rock force running gear. Sitting in 7th out of 25 or so at the halfway point.

If you welcome a challenge, like building your own parts and don't give up easy go for it. If you are a buy it rather than build it person stay away as there is little aftermarket parts and support.

Not many ppl will run these alot more will bad mouth them...just more reasons for me to run one. Guess I like being different

If you do get one and give up let me know when its up for sale cheap.
moes670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I like mine. It should be up soon. I need to have parts made for it as the stock configuration is crap but I sure as hell didn't buy it to ever build it box stock.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #15

Don't know about the RF but Kyosho makes good stuff, get it if you want to be different.

All kits need modifications and that's what keep most of us in the game and aftermarket companies in business; have fun....

BRC
prostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I got mad after reading what you guys posted (because they reccommended this crawler and you guys said is sucked) so I emailed rctvlive.com here is their response.
So since you would rather listen to them then us, get it. Stop crying.
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
20K Club

There is a pretty easy way to look at this as far as first getting into the hobby.

Look at what is popular. Yeah you will be going with the crowd but you will have a wealth of knowledge and parts (new and used). If the Rock Force was decent then the sales would have reflected that, which they haven't by any means. Are they completely worthless, no. Are there much better alternatives for much less money, YUP.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

So how did they truely beat the hell out of it? Did they like the fact that it comes with NO tire foams? Do they even know what GOOD tires are to compare them too?
Point being, they abviously aren't "professional" crawler guys, so for them to give an opinion based on their tests would be like you giving a test report on a new Nascar chassis. They obviously have ZIP for knowledge or experience and the only thing they say for the future is that RC4WD is going to help them out. I'm SURE they won't be biased by any means.
Not that I'm bash'n, cuz I LOVE, my Bully rig, but if they want un-biased tech, they should call someone from here.
Now you know,,,,Welcome to the "hidden hobby". ssshhhhhh.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
So how did they truely beat the hell out of it? Did they like the fact that it comes with NO tire foams? Do they even know what GOOD tires are to compare them too?
Point being, they abviously aren't "professional" crawler guys, so for them to give an opinion based on their tests would be like you giving a test report on a new Nascar chassis. They obviously have ZIP for knowledge or experience and the only thing they say for the future is that RC4WD is going to help them out. I'm SURE they won't be biased by any means.
Not that I'm bash'n, cuz I LOVE, my Bully rig, but if they want un-biased tech, they should call someone from here.
Now you know,,,,Welcome to the "hidden hobby". ssshhhhhh.
Hey I came on here asking what people thought and everyone seemed very honest on here and definitely did not hold anything back

what I don't get is this. Who is a professional rock crawler? if I get this and it runs I will be happy. I will be running it on rocks in front of my house. Until the show I never heard of rc rock crawlers that is when i googled rc rock crawling forums and found this. I am also looking at the losi full size night crawler and then I went to rc4wd.com and looked at their stuff because they are on the rctvlive website. Anyway thanks for your advise but some of you guys really are uptight. Good luck on being a professional rc crawler guy, would love to see your paycheck.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
K_B
I wanna be Dave

If all you're gonna do is run it in front of your house, I don't see the need to spend almost $400 on a crawler. But it's your money and you're obviously free to do with it whatever you want. Keep in mind that the TV show has to cater to the show sponsors because that's what makes the show possible. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they said something was outright terrible, so they focus on the positives and either barely acknowledge or completely ignore the negatives. So you really only get half the story. Same goes for any magazine whether it's R/C or otherwise.

And as you found out, the internet is full of "professionals" and "experts". For the most part, members on here actually have some experience and after you do some reading and do things on your own, you figure out who actually knows what they're doing and which ones are the "web wheelers".
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote