Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Steering Trim Rearsteer Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Hey, I just had a related thought. Does anyone reading this also have an 1:18th scale Nylint? If so, open the transmitter and tell me the numbers on the chip in the center of the board. it's the only DIP I.C. there, so no worries finding it.
I'll bet it's the same one, and a cheap source for mod parts...anyone have a dead 1:18 they wanna get rid of in the name of research?
vlmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

All right this maybe stupid. Why couldn't you just take boards from a spare and wire the power (off/on switch) together. Then take your return to center spring out. Then put one board on 1st channel and the other board on 2nd channel. Have one board control the axles and front steering and the other control and the rear steer. This may not work. I don't know. Just a thought
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
All right this maybe stupid. Why couldn't you just take boards from a spare and wire the power (off/on switch) together. Then take your return to center spring out. Then put one board on 1st channel and the other board on 2nd channel. Have one board control the axles and front steering and the other control and the rear steer. This may not work. I don't know. Just a thought
That's not stupid. It would work.

I wouldnt wire one power switch to two boards, though..There's a bit more going on there than just cutting power to the controller board, I saw in a brief glance that the power switch also grounds the RESET pin of the chip on the Nylint's servoboard. I don't think wiring two of them together would be a good idea.

Other than that, your idea would work fine, and you'd have an extra throttle and Hi/Lo channel available to drive accessories.
vlmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote