Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Everything HR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Kratos and I talked the other day and shared with him what the Bully drivers are doing to eliminate the knuckle slop. We are using flanged bearings instead of bushings. There are a couple of different ideas on them but you can use 3mm flanged bearings or 4mm if you need to redrill the thread holes in the C.
Steering is super smooth and precise now.
Beefy Knuckle mod

it may seem a bit labor intensive and maybe it should be done by someone with a lathe, but I made spacers for my Bully's to widen them and cut down some Super XVD's to length.
Instead of cutting down 300M berg shafts, maybe you could get some spacers to make them wider instead. That way it would just be bolt on.
You'd have to use a berg offset wheel of course or shorter hub.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #102
RCC Addict

anyone know where i could get some 3mm and 4mm helicoil?
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #103
RCC Addict

Talking new panels

Here are my new skins. thanks Neal at http://www.freqeskinz.com/.

yea i know the wiring is a mess but its a work in progress

the pictures just dont do the work justice. they look amazing in person. thanks a bunch neal for making such an awesome product
Old 01-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

WOW, that turned out pretty nice Chris.
Now sleeve them ugly axial links with some Bic pen bodies so they make the rest of it look more appealing. (just be sure and scratch the writing off with an X-acto knife.)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
WOW, that turned out pretty nice Chris.
Now sleeve them ugly axial links with some Bic pen bodies so they make the rest of it look more appealing. (just be sure and scratch the writing off with an X-acto knife.)

Heat shrink tube works great too. And it comes in your choice of colors......

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #106
RCC Addict

what i really need to do is get a link color package form axial that way my truck looks halfway presentable. but anyway i have to get something to put over these skins cause they are getting messed up lol
Old 01-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I got some clear PVC sheet from HT I made some panels with. It's pretty light but it would make a clear cover to go over them nice panels. It was under $2 for a legal sized sheet.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #108
RCC Addict

well i just ordered some vp zero acker knuckles and am gonna see how i like them compared to their hi steer knuckles. gonna get some big bores and do the cap mod on em and see if i like them better than my losi 4in. ill take some before and after with both setups. my motors needed a liol tlc too so i contacted eddie at team brood and i bought some apocalypse type rt 35t to replace my tekin 35t hw. im sending the tekins to get rebuilt by him

Last edited by Kratos; 02-23-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #109
RCC Addict

well i have broken 2 3rd gears in the past 3 weeks and am probably going to switch over to berg inners. a question though. if i switch over will i have to replace the bearings or are they the same size? anyone know what size bearing are in the hr axles? thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #110
RCC Addict

well i ordered mann 2nd and 3rd gear along with the rest of the berg inners and it will not fit. i had to replace the 3rd gear bearing with a 5x10 so the shaft would fit and there is binding so bad now you cant run it. have to switch back over to the hr inners which sucks cause the 3rd gear is not that strong. gonna try and fnd someone to make me a stronger 3rd for the hr axles. so i dont think that you can run berg inners for anyone that may be thinking of buying some
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Do you know why it's binding? If the gear is physically too big, perhpas we could shave it down on the lathe enough to let it spin freely.

Missed you at the Valley comp in Lincoln, that rock was Awesome.
I found another spot that's about a 1/4 mi. long of Med & large rip rap. I'll post some pics up after I get a chance to bike down to it.

PS, try the wanted section for some blue links. or get a package of the Revo/Summit turn buckles and push rods off the bay for around $14 for all 8 links w/ ends.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Hmm, when i switched to all berg inners i had to change out the bearing you mention and had no problems. I do remember the shafts being very tight in locker but other then that, no binding.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #113
RCC Addict

yea im not sure. i tried to alot of different things last night which resulted in me being stupid so now i get to buy a new front axle lol. i still cant figure out why its binding but ohwell
Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Does it bind w axle split, closed or both? I made a bonehead move awhile back and installed 4th gear backwards on locker. It was fine w cases apart but would seize up when together. Dont ask how many times i reassembled the axle that time.....
Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Does it bind w axle split, closed or both? I made a bonehead move awhile back and installed 4th gear backwards on locker. It was fine w cases apart but would seize up when together. Dont ask how many times i reassembled the axle that time.....
lol i wonder if thats what i did. it does only bind with them both on so maybe thats my problem
Old 05-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #116
RCC Addict

well i put the gear on the short side of the locker which i believe is the right side so thats not it. im just at a lost here
Old 05-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Hmm dont remember which side is rite, but it flushes up one way and not the other. But only by a little difference, hard to notice.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Berg gears are mod 0.6 (metric 48p), I'm not sure what HR is but I'm got a feeling it's standard 48p, if this is true they won't mesh together unless you replace all the gears with berg ones (assuming they fit?).

Worth a look anyway.
Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

ok the only thing i can change without changing it all is the locker other than that they all fit fine . u must run berg pinions if u run all berg gears cause yes they r diff like was said above
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

The std pinions will work, just noisy and hard on first gear. But he has a bind when cases are together wo pinion.