Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: new scale wally world type crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 04:52 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default new scale wally world type crawlers

i was out yesterday driving around when i went to the local rite-aid ,its kinda like longs if you dont know. when i saw these little rock crawlers. they are not the same as the wall mart crawlers though, they have 2 wheel high , and 4 wheel low. they are solid axled , but the axle isnt 4 or 2 linked , its hooked right up to its chassis.
it is 3 1/2 inches long, 2 3/4 wide (outside of tire to outside of tire), 3 inches tall and the have 1 1/2 or about 45 degrees of articulation and about 1/2 inch center clearance. it was like 7 dollars , they are quite fun to mess around with. the only pics i could find of them was this sucky pick(i dont have a camera) http://gamesandlottos.com/shop/items...ssortment.html
the only thing bad i notice about them is that after crawling for a while you could stop one axle with your fingers or when it needed to push or pull the truck up on a rock , when one axle has no grip for the tires and the other axle has more grip, the axle with more grip wouldnt turn the tires just like a stock tlt with the center unlocked diff. i took it apart and i found that the problem is that there is gears on the main drive line parts and they spin easily on the driveline shaft
it looks like this( o = axel, l = gear, and - = drive line) ol----ll----lo
thats not all the gears and stuff but all those gearsi showed are the ones that slip, you could fix it by sanding the shafts a little casue there cromed then glueing the gears on with like ca glue , i did it and it woulve worked exept i kinda messed mine up by trying to glue 2 gears together so it would be 4 wheel high instead of 2 wheel.
but yeah there cool so if you can find them id get one cause there actually scale crawlers unlike the wally world ones
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2004, 04:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: new scale wally world type crawlers

Yea I have one of those I have had it for about 3 years now thay are cool but I do like the wally crawlers more due to the 4 link these have a a big center sticking down where the batt. go they neet though.h
RockSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

could someone post a picture?
XFactor2Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i saw one at toys-r-us
matt
crawler is offline   Reply With Quote