Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: effing steering!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default effing steering!

lol I know its really retarded to ask but I've looked and still can find anything but I have the scx10 chassis and wheely king axles, well I wanted to be cool and try to make my own steering thingamajig, well I used my steering template that aloud me to mount the servo to the axle and switched it so that it mounted to the frame, well I bent the link to make it parallelish, well when I steer it moves the chassis and not the wheel, plus when the axle drops down it makes the wheels go left??? any help? lol

I know it doesnt make much sense but eh lol
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

You need a pan hard bar.If you already have one installed,make sure it is parralel with the drag link and roughly the same length.If you are still having issues,limit the articulation.

That should get you close to zero bump steer ,which is what you are experiencing.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
RCC Addict

ah alright I was wandering but wasn't sure, just wanting to ask to then since you said pan hard bar, where it connects to the axle, should it be roughly the same distance to the middle of the axle as the other side connects to the frame?
say the one rod end that is on the frame is 1.5 inches from the middle, should the other side that connects to the axle also be 1.5 inches from the axle? i've seen people ask but no luck
Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Not sure i understaand the question,but, if you do this, it will work.

"make sure it is parralel with the drag link and roughly the same length.If you are still having issues,limit the articulation"
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

lol sorry, I kinda hit my head to many times, so it's hard to explain things, I understand the parallel thing. I'm just trying to figure out the placement of the pan hard bar, dont get me wrong I know it has to be on the opposite side from the chassis mount.
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/LARRIE%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]

if you notice, the middle of the pan hard bar is also in the middle of the axle, thats what I'm tryin to figure out, does the pan hard have to be in the middle? do you kinda understand now?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

On real jeeps I know the panhard or track bar had too be on the same plane as the drag link. If that helps at all.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote