Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial/Exceed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question Axial/Exceed

Hello everyone, and let me thank you for reading this. I am new to the Rock Crawler world and i recently bought an Exceed RC Maxstone 10, i have heard that the axial ax10 parts will swap over to this rig but noone has conformed this! If anyone out there knows the answer to this please let me know! Thank You!!!!!!!111
DustyfX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyfX4 View Post
Hello everyone, and let me thank you for reading this. I am new to the Rock Crawler world and i recently bought an Exceed RC Maxstone 10, i have heard that the axial ax10 parts will swap over to this rig but noone has conformed this! If anyone out there knows the answer to this please let me know! Thank You!!!!!!!111
The only parts that will interchange are the general crawler parts that you can adjust and modify; links, spacers, tires and wheels, electronics

You cannot interchange specific parts such as gears, housings, etc
The world of rock crawling is yours to make up. Thats why we all do it. Nobody really buys a crawler out of the box and leaves it that way forever. The fun part of R/C hobbies in general is that you are the mechanic, and can also be the innovator and designer of your own parts and ideas.

Spend time on here reading everything you can, so you will soak it in and become a "Hobby Master". Then spend a lot of time driving and learn your rig.

Good Luck
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

this has been talked about a few times. they will fit but it does take some modification. some simple things fit right on and some stuff you have to work a little bit but it will work just read the threads about it we have a few how to in them and hopefully we get a space just for exceed soon. so we dont have to look all over the place for our stuff

there are more and more people buying exceeds everyday we would love our own spot
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default Thanks

Thanks you guys for the info, i was also wondering what kinda of battery pack i should upgrade to so i can relocate it tot he front axle, i have already relocated the esc and the switch to the upper links on the front! thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i just put my stock battery on the front links and made a plate for the esc and reciver on the front axle

but if you want get a lipo battery that should fit the front or a saddle pack would work too
Old 11-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Default Thanks Jokers_Toys

Thats looks pretty good, ill prob end up doing that! thanks for all the info. You all have been a big help and ill be sure and post pics of the upgrades. THANKS Guys
Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

start a tread just for your build i am going to if we ever get a section just for us exceed owners
Old 12-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default Hey Jokers_toys

Hey i was wondering what size motors are on these exceeds, i know they are a 540 but what turn are they?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i have no idea it does not say any where on it or in the book
(just 540)

it just says the esc will take no lower then 27t motor it does have a decent amount of wheel speed but not to fast to crawl with
Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Default exceed crawler

i bought 2 of the tenth scale shaftys for my youngest kids for christmas and we put proline bug bodies on them and ax10 wheels and tires.im uploading more pics now.i will have more later.
Attached Images

creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Default exceed rc crawler

few more pics of my 2 exceed crawlers and 2 ax10 crawlers.these belong to my 4 children.the pink one belongs to my 9 yr old girl and the purplish bug is my 11 yr old sons.the 2 green ones are ax10s and belong to my 16 and 14 yr old sons
Attached Images

creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Default Hey Creeper69

Man those look good, i have been looking at bodies for mine but cant decide, i like the scale bodies but i also like the moab style crawler bodies. Not sure what im gonan do yet!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #13

would you reccomend some one buying the maxstone 8?
Dmarkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Default Maxstone 8

I havent drove one, but i love my maxstone 10 for the money! So far i havent had any troubles from it!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #15

aright thnx for your input.
Dmarkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default Watch this Review!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm8vaKf9Rpw
Old 12-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Not so much a review as it is an advert.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarkle View Post
would you reccomend some one buying the maxstone 8?
Hey I am also looking at that one. Does anyone know anything about the new mad torque crawlers from rc4wd?
KrazyKrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #19

Ive been trying to find out the same thing, ive sent an email to ckrccrawlers about it, let you know if i hear back

talked to ckrccrawlers.com tech. service, the mad torque is the same as the mad crawler, different chassis, steering servo, tire size, and body of course. same axles and gears as mad crawler however so the part support is the same.

what attracting me to this model is the price, simple construction, twin 540 motors, nearly set up for rear stear already, and the 3000mah battery stock. its also a good looking truck even, im going to look for some metal gears for it, if i can find those maybe ill go that route.
either that or the r2-10, perhaps the venom creeper. >>||??

Last edited by TheRockguy; 12-20-2010 at 11:45 AM.
TheRockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #20

I just found today also that the berg gear sets will swap in directly for the gear sets in the mad crawler and the mad torque (same axles) but im having trouble finding a complete set that will cost under 35, and with two axles to do thats 70 bucks, the car costs only 159 so its kind of a hard cost to spend. The axles altogether are near exact also, being only 1.5 inches narrower. Im gonna go with mad toque so far, but maybe I can find a little less exspensive gear sets or a used set of bergs!

update
not that anyone is aactually reading this ever, but dont mind talking to myeself have gotten used to it in my line of work, but went to hobby shop last night and f*ck the rs-10 and the mad torque im getting an axial scorpion! by the time I upgrade the cheepos to make them strong enough im nearly the same cost as the axial... and so many other reasons

Last edited by TheRockguy; 12-22-2010 at 09:51 AM.
TheRockguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, exceed, parts, rock crawler