Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Why the hell doesn't traxxas have a crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #21
www.team3sixrc.com

Why hasn't AE not made a crawlers? They have the crawlers LRP system, but no crawlers. Used to be a time when losi made it, everyone else followed suit. Truthfully I would say that traxxas really has no reason to build one. Keep the T/E/S Maxx's , REVO, and shortcourse stuff to traxxas as that's what they do best. But I would love to see Team Assc. Make a crawlers.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
......... Truthfully I would say that traxxas really has no reason to build one. ........
You beat me to it. Why does Traxxas need to build a crawler?
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
You beat me to it. Why does Traxxas need to build a crawler?

Sh$t and giggles....why not? same reason nobdy has built any compition againest the Losi MRC. We All want options that's all. It just seems these larger companies would go after some of the market, I think anybody who would put out a quailty crawler would make money...Some of us will say it sucks and some of us will love it. We are a bitchy group of guys when it comes to who makes the best stuff.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

coming from someone who has built kit form, and purchased RTR vehicles. it doesnt matter to me which it is. you still end up wrenching on it and should know how to do so.

with my current experience and satisfaction ive had with the slash 4x4, i'd love to see a traxxas crawler. not just a lower geared monster truck.

radio controlled hobbies shouldn't be viewed as some elitist secret club. they need to exist to get new people into the hobby. and new people are good. without them it will just die out.

I don't understand why people hate on RTR stuff so much.

sure there's a certain level of skill it takes to build one from a kit or scratch, but it should be taken with pride, not condescension.
m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerrandy View Post
Why the hell doesn't traxxas have a crawler?
Randy
I have been asking this question for years....
I am not a big Traxxas fan, but i would love to see them make a 2.2 crawler. I think they could build a decent crawler if they wanted to and parts would be available EVERYWHERE.
Im sure it would be like any other Traxxas car and you would have to replace almost every single part on it to make it durable... but thats really no different than Axial...
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trugg View Post
I have been asking this question for years....
I am not a big Traxxas fan, but i would love to see them make a 2.2 crawler. I think they could build a decent crawler if they wanted to and parts would be available EVERYWHERE.
Im sure it would be like any other Traxxas car and you would have to replace almost every single part on it to make it durable... but thats really no different than Axial...
They made a 2.2, the summit mini
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I was at i hobby for 5 days i talked to three different reps the first looked at me and said nothing the second rolled his eyes in his head the third rep was trying to tell me the mini summit is all anyone needs for crawling i turned and walked away.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Why hasn't AE not made a crawlers? They have the crawlers LRP system, but no crawlers. Used to be a time when losi made it, everyone else followed suit. Truthfully I would say that traxxas really has no reason to build one. Keep the T/E/S Maxx's , REVO, and shortcourse stuff to traxxas as that's what they do best. But I would love to see Team Assc. Make a crawlers.
You are so very right on ae side of things, They've made a bunch of great rigs over the years and I think it would be sweet if they came out with a crawler to put there crawler system in. Traxxas could always get bigger and bring in more profit by jumpin into the crawler scene. Axial is huge and there fairly new and there already making so much money that if you think about it if traxxas had a line of more then capable comp and scalers they would have one of the best selections of rc's. I think eventually down the road we'll see something come out from the other companys.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Actual RC Rock Crawling is still a very small market segment compared to all the racing, etc. Until it becomes large enough to be profitable for them to mass produce a truck, I doubt we will see anything from those companies.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
Actual RC Rock Crawling is still a very small market segment compared to all the racing, etc. Until it becomes large enough to be profitable for them to mass produce a truck, I doubt we will see anything from those companies.
I think this may be true but it's poor judgement for them or any company not to realize the profit on the way up the growing spurt of the segment. So if and when they ever do release a crawler I won't buy it if that is their attitude. Why buy something from someone who rolls their eyes or who does not support grass roots like Axial did in 06'-07'. Axial was on Scene getting input and feedback at some of the first comps I ever attended in Reno and then the WCC at Donner, that's who we want building our shiat. Only reason Traxxas is so big is because of rtr and the houses they sell in... market saturation.

I wish Tamiya would come with it again!!!

Last edited by rockhugger; 12-12-2010 at 07:19 PM.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
You hit the nail right on the head. Crawling is still considered a niche market, Traxxas always casts a wider net. They tried that with some success with the Summit, and basher/crawler (jack of all trade, master of none). The most impressive thing about this truck is it running completely submerged.

I disagree that Traxxas products are junk, the fact is they are made for bashing and take considerable abuse. Their electronics are some of the most reliable in the business and they are very hard to beat for their customer service. I do think Traxxas is going in the wrong direction with their 1/16 scale cars, they need to produce another electric 1/10 scale road car.

Traxxas played a big part in our hobby, just a couple of years ago the Magnum 272 tranny was a standard in rock crawlers.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
You hit the nail right on the head. Crawling is still considered a niche market, Traxxas always casts a wider net. They tried that with some success with the Summit, and basher/crawler (jack of all trade, master of none). The most impressive thing about this truck is it running completely submerged.

I disagree that Traxxas products are junk, the fact is they are made for bashing and take considerable abuse. Their electronics are some of the most reliable in the business and they are very hard to beat for their customer service. I do think Traxxas is going in the wrong direction with their 1/16 scale cars, they need to produce another electric 1/10 scale road car.

Traxxas played a big part in our hobby, just a couple of years ago the Magnum 272 tranny was a standard in rock crawlers.

I agree.. There are so many traxxas haters.. Traxxas kicks ass. get over it!
yes ive owened other brands of cars.
axial-
tamiya-
kyosho-
associated-
ofna-
duratrash-

Last edited by traxxas4fun; 12-12-2010 at 07:27 PM.
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Screw Traxxas!

The only thing Traxxas is good for is assorted parts for custom builds!
BAM that's the post I was looking for!!!!
Thread over.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
RCC Addict

The fact of the matter is that Traxxas has probably sold more Summits than most any other crawler out there. Just because you don't think its a good crawler does not mean they did not sell allot of them. Traxxas have revolutionized RC with the Slash. They put RC back on the map, and way more mainstream than almost any other company. I do not see any Axial parts at PEP BOYS. But I have seen Traxxas parts and cars. They have probably made more money than the next 2 or 3 biggest companies in RC, and I am sure more than every crawler and crawler related item all put together. The crawler market would be not worth their effort.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
The fact of the matter is that Traxxas has probably sold more Summits than most any other crawler out there. Just because you don't think its a good crawler does not mean they did not sell allot of them. Traxxas have revolutionized RC with the Slash. They put RC back on the map, and way more mainstream than almost any other company. I do not see any Axial parts at PEP BOYS. But I have seen Traxxas parts and cars. They have probably made more money than the next 2 or 3 biggest companies in RC, and I am sure more than every crawler and crawler related item all put together. The crawler market would be not worth their effort.

great for Traxxas... their parts and cars def. have a place!

Crawling does not need to be mainstream
It sucks waiting all day at comps just to run for a few minutes.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
great for Traxxas... their parts and cars def. have a place!

Crawling does not need to be mainstream
It sucks waiting all day at comps just to run for a few minutes.
Yea it does suck waiting at comps and thats why if these other companies joined in and made it bigger that would mean a lot more people a lot more clubs and alot more crawlin. Comps are always going to be crowded because it's one of the funnest hobbies and it interests more and more people with every comp or trail ride we do. I started crawlin at comps with nor-calrcrc in the early 2000's and just watched as everything just got bigger and better and funner but with more and more people the comps got packed and thats why I think with the marketing that traxxas has and other companies it could go a lot farther. Just how I feel about it
Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

I'd be willing to bet if Traxxas did put out a crawler, whether it was good, bad or terrible they would still sell lots just based on the sheer number of loyal customers from the other aspects of RC that they do dominate.

Picture this.... Those spoiled kids who have parents that bought them a slash/slayer/revo/e-revo/stampede/rustler/tmaxx/emaxx as soon as they wanted one, what do you think they'd get their parents to buy them when they want a crawler? People who don't pay for their own RC's usually don't research their decision nearly as well as someone putting down their own cash.

Basically, Traxxas could almost put 4 tires on a cinderblock, call it a crawler and they'd still sell a ton of them. Yes, I'm being sarcastic but you get my point? Again, just my opinion......

On a side note, read this thread for a good laugh......

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...raxxas-vehicle...
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
I'd be willing to bet if Traxxas did put out a crawler, whether it was good, bad or terrible they would still sell lots just based on the sheer number of loyal customers from the other aspects of RC that they do dominate.

Picture this.... Those spoiled kids who have parents that bought them a slash/slayer/revo/e-revo/stampede/rustler/tmaxx/emaxx as soon as they wanted one, what do you think they'd get their parents to buy them when they want a crawler? People who don't pay for their own RC's usually don't research their decision nearly as well as someone putting down their own cash.

Basically, Traxxas could almost put 4 tires on a cinderblock, call it a crawler and they'd still sell a ton of them. Yes, I'm being sarcastic but you get my point? Again, just my opinion......

On a side note, read this thread for a good laugh......

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...xas-vehicle...
LOL thats some funny shat right there.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

traxxas......................... keep it water proof, solid axle, and add a drag brake thats all they need to do and they will have a golden crawler or what i would like to see scaler
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
BAM that's the post I was looking for!!!!
Thread over.
but you didn't start the thread.....
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote