Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my slow crawling course build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

don't worry I will not forget to bring the winch with me if I get out that way just to let you know the hook that comes on it is cheap and mine broke had to make a new one till I get a new one ordered heavy duty paper clip came in handy
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
don't worry I will not forget to bring the winch with me if I get out that way just to let you know the hook that comes on it is cheap and mine broke had to make a new one till I get a new one ordered heavy duty paper clip came in handy
ok sweet. my cousin is off work on saturday so if you come out we could take him to the gravel pit.

its windy here but im heading out to rake some leaves and get some pictures.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #23
RCC Addict

went out and raked some leaves piled up some sticks and found a few more rocks around the yard... and got some more pictures here they are.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

looks good but where are all the rocks LOL hey it looks better with out all that snow on it
Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #25
RCC Addict

the small rocks im going to use as hole fillers. there's a few bigger rocks by the river so im going to steal those.. i should take a walk up to the gravel pit today and scope out some rocks.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I'm jealous! There are tons of rocks here in central Oregon, but I would love to be able to build my own course! Have fun with it!
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #27
RCC Addict

did a little bit more raking and went to the back of the property with the lawnmower and trailer and grabbed some bigger rocks that are along the river, there's still quite a few more but i got hungry so came in for some lunch.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
looks good but where are all the rocks LOL hey it looks better with out all that snow on it
piss off!!! i dont see you over here packing no effin' rocks!!!!!!

are you still coming over this weekend?? apparently im cleaning goat pens on saturday... cousin said he'd buy my blue racing mower and the club got a race ready mower donated to them so im going to buy that so hopefully this crawling course dont cost too much!!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I will be over on sunday have to do alot of running around on saturday the crawler course probly won't cost alot cause you have alot of rock at your disposal at the pit you don"t have to build it all at once
Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #30
RCC Addict

sounds good.. ya it probably wont cost much. we are having the family BBQ at our house this year so i want to get as much done as i can.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

hey check it out go to the end of the post and you can see the wheely king it is back to a tough roller again the links won"t bend this time going to look good once i figure out a bumper to mount the winch on
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...60#post3028560
Old 04-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #32
RCC Addict

haha looks good. hey you didnt mail my winch to me did you?? because i got a package sitting at the post office but i dont remember ordering anything. maybe lester's wheel supplier mailed my rims to me instead of the sending them to his shop. i dont know, was going to go with my aunt and pick it up when she goes to grab my cousin from work but she took off without me so i'll have wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 04-07-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

nope winch is still sitting hear did you already pay for the rim that lester ordered for you cause when i got him to order my tires they went to his shop so I don't think it will be your rims but got your message on K3 if there is one there I will pick it up for ya is it the same servo I have the hs-645mg
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #34
RCC Addict

ok sweet.. apparently its a letter so it might be some court stuff. going into town this morning with mom and picking it up. so i was laying in bed last night and i got a sweet idea of how to build a bender so it bends my 1/4" soild rod, might try it and see how it turns out.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
ok sweet.. apparently its a letter so it might be some court stuff. going into town this morning with mom and picking it up. so i was laying in bed last night and i got a sweet idea of how to build a bender so it bends my 1/4" soild rod, might try it and see how it turns out.
haha nothing like quoting yourself...

9700trevor- bring your crawler this weekend i want you run my course and we'll figure out a few lines and stuff.. i want to go up to the gravel pit and scope out some rocks too.

i grabbed some more rocks and few chunks of trees (cut into like 3-5' lengths was for firewood) and piled them up. was talking to my mom about where our dog is buried along the river because apparently dad piled some rocks where she was buried, but its in a different spot so i can grab all the rocks i want YAY!!! mom also suggested taking the bridge to the fence like i planned then weaving it through the trees so we'll see.i'll get some pictures this weekend when a friend comes over.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Instead of just dumping rocks on the ground and wasting all your rocks, try throwing down some junk like a old bench or box and then stack on that. It will help give you natural step ups and stuff and your rocks will go farther.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #37
RCC Addict

im not worried about "wasting" rocks because i can get plenty of them. but some of my course is going to be a big pile of rocks to climb on. then im building a couple of platforms that i will cover in rocks and stuff also.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

sounds good but hey sorry won't be able to make it out there tomorrow have to help a friend at his job will definetly get out there next weekend but i got your servo horn for ya they only had red in stock but i have that for ya call me if you see this tonight
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #39
RCC Addict

ok sounds good.. im busy next saturday the 16th, i'll be out at 2012 pleasant valley road at a lawnmower test and tune, but the sunday works for me.i'll give ya a call.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #40
RCC Addict

well nothing happened with the course this weekend i ended up helping my dad clean goat pens all day saturday and a couple hours sunday morning then worked on my racing mowers. got a nice find on some rocks along the river at the back of the property so i just have to go grab them through them in the pile.