Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my slow crawling course build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

hey sorry about the wekend had to work again and was busy on saturday but this week end for sure have this weekend off how was test and tune with the mowers
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Someone should move this to chitchat.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #43
RCC Addict

^^^ **** off leave it where it is dumb****.

9700trevor- thats alright... looks like we'll have to start PM'ing each other if we want to talk. test and tune was good.

oh and there's not much of an update, i havent done anything with my course still, but now that the mower is pretty much done i'll have more time to work on it, hoping to move some more rocks next week and figure out how much rope i'll need for my bridge then i can go buy some and find some lumber and start building that.

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 04-19-2011 at 04:36 PM.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
^^^ **** off leave it where it is dumb****.

9700trevor- thats alright... looks like we'll have to start PM'ing each other if we want to talk. test and tune was good.

oh and there's not much of an update, i havent done anything with my course still, but now that the mower is pretty much done i'll have more time to work on it, hoping to move some more rocks next week and figure out how much rope i'll need for my bridge then i can go buy some and find some lumber and start building that.
nice I might have some rope for ya I also have some ply wood also think I have about 50 feet of rope that would make a nice 25 foot bridge to go from tree to tree
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #45
RCC Addict

sweet.is it like 1/2" is diameter?? i need to dig through my dad's scrap wood bin and find some more 1/4" plywood.

oh and there's no updates because i picked up a little job in vernon but we cant do it unless the weather is nice and because the weather has decided to snow again the past few days.

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 04-21-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by It usually runs fine View Post
Someone should move this to chitchat.
X2...I guess "slow" build means two friends "talking" about building
bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #47
RCC Addict

whatever. thats why i said "slow build" because right now im building it by myself and i have other projects to do too and its not a big priority right now either. i have 2 1:1 trucks i have to pull apart, fix another truck, get the racing mowers fixed and the weather hasnt been all that great either, right now as we speak its snowing like a bastard. also there's a few rocks in the yard that i want but they are big and i cant move them by myself and my dad doesnt have the time to help me.

i have an idea on a tube/rod bender so i might try that today if i have time.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

yep like AX10wannabe said weather has been crappy can't believe it is snowing in April so when it is snowing what are all you guys doing if you are like us canadians that don't like the cold then you are hiding in your houses and maybe instead of dissing the link you could give us some ideas as to where to start and what types of material we may need other than rocks cause that is a given

Last edited by 9700trevor; 04-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 AM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
^^^ **** off leave it where it is dumb****...
This is why no one will help you with ideas...or even post in this thread. No one has been negative towards your course build, but you two seem to get offended when we recommend moving it to Chit Chat...but that's what it is; you two just talking. Every thread I've seen with you guys always ends up with you two just talking about lawn mowers, weather, traveling, 1:1, etc.

Being a member in mutiple car, truck, boat, motorcycle, and RC forums I must say that this site is probably the most helpful and supportive group of people I've ever seen. It's great that you want to build a course...and I would say that not a single person on this site would "diss" that; but when you have a thread titled "Course Build" in the General Crawler section people want to hear about...you guessed it...building a course!

That's why there are sections for Chit Chat...you might even find other people that are into racing lawnmowers and could help with that hobby. That's also why there are Regional sections...there might be someone just down the road from you with an indoor course that you could hang out and gripe about the weather together.

So next time before you start getting upset, maybe should evaluate "why are people saying this?" Just look at all the posts and it looks like a conversation that two friends would text each other; and it looks nothing like "building a course". To get help you have to ask for help...and building a course does take time, no one thinks that it will happen overnight; but just talking between yourselves makes people not want to help you or even read this thread.

Last edited by bluice; 04-22-2011 at 08:13 AM.
bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluice View Post
This is why no one will help you with ideas...or even post in this thread. No one has been negative towards your course build, but you two seem to get offended when we recommend moving it to Chit Chat...but that's what it is; you two just talking. Every thread I've seen with you guys always ends up with you two just talking about lawn mowers, weather, traveling, 1:1, etc.

Being a member in mutiple car, truck, boat, motorcycle, and RC forums I must say that this site is probably the most helpful and supportive group of people I've ever seen. It's great that you want to build a course...and I would say that not a single person on this site would "diss" that; but when you have a thread titled "Course Build" in the General Crawler section people want to hear about...you guessed it...building a course!

That's why there are sections for Chit Chat...you might even find other people that are into racing lawnmowers and could help with that hobby. That's also why there are Regional sections...there might be someone just down the road from you with an indoor course that you could hang out and gripe about the weather together.

So next time before you start getting upset, maybe should evaluate "why are people saying this?" Just look at all the posts and it looks like a conversation that two friends would text each other; and it looks nothing like "building a course". To get help you have to ask for help...and building a course does take time, no one thinks that it will happen overnight; but just talking between yourselves makes people not want to help you or even read this thread.
i understand what your saying, but im not the type of guy to spend hours on the phone i'd rather sit on the computer and talk to a friend through a forum.

on a side note- i started cutting up some fallen trees in the yard for my course, i've decided to build a log pile to crawl over. wont get pictures today but a friend is coming over tomorrow so hopefully i will get some tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
yep like AX10wannabe said weather has been crappy can't believe it is snowing in April so when it is snowing what are all you guys doing if you are like us canadians that don't like the cold then you are hiding in your houses and maybe instead of dissing the link you could give us some ideas as to where to start and what types of material we may need other than rocks cause that is a given

nicely said.. i asked my dad yesterday about some plywood in their scrap bin he said they dont have any 1/4" because they dont use it but they have some 3/8" which might work..

9700trevor- tomorrow we should do some planning and stuff and of course some crawling.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

im excited about the actually building of this course.......not your lawnmower
bwm8142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm8142 View Post
im excited about the actually building of this course.......not your lawnmower
ya me too but my custom built racing mowers come first to me. i came up with an idea for a tunnel but i need to find some concrete slabs and move a buttload more rocks.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #54
RCC Addict

moved some more rockls yesterday and dad gave me an old rotten stump thats half gone, so im going to make a tunnel out of it for the course. i will get pictures this morning and i want to get some when a friend shows up.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

it was good to actually see the area in person think you are on the right track with the build to bad we couldn't go to the pit and check out rocks from there. i will figure out the rope i have for the bridge and let you know the length should be enough for 1 or 2 bridges.
and just asking for some input here but what is a good way to start building a bridge
Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #57
RCC Addict

we ran the course yesterday and it was fun. i trimmed up my honcho body and crawled it again after 9700trevor left and it did fine. got some poser pictures of my crawler but nothing with the course, i'll try to get some more pictures today.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #58
RCC Addict

couldnt resist myself i tossed a battery on charge last night and this morning at 8:30am i went out and did some crawling.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #59
RCC Addict

did some more crawling and got some course pictures for all you cry babies on the forum. im buying a new laptop next week so i'll get more pictures then, right now im using my parents desktop because my laptop died and its friggin old.

here's them pics.

^this section is more of a rock garden right now, i can get tons and tons of this sized rock so im not worried about "wasting" them.

^ some of the bigger rock for now, need dad's help to move a couple of giant ones.

^more of the same rock.
now just some crawling action shots

^i can make it through the trees, i was going to get another picture from the other side but the battery in the rig started dying and it didnt have enough ooomph.

^front right tire is off the ground i had to stay on the throttle to keep it there.

^ my log pile i got a bunch more wood to toss on it too

^ dad was going to toss this old rotten stump in the burn barrel and i looked at it and said "hey the rig dont weigh that much i'll take it" so its getting hollowed out and used as tunnel, its fairly big this is only half of it, the other half fell apart. its not done yet still need to do some carving. also trying to dry it out because its really wet and spongy.

^here's the rig going through the tunnel.

well thats all the pictures for now. im going out and see if i can mount my winch.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Thats looking good!!
I like the half stump.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote