Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my slow crawling course build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #101
RCC Addict

haha yeah.. its been just about a year since dad let me have this corner of the field and i was hoping to be further along than this... guess not lol..

it drizzling rain a little bit today but been spending the last 2 hours working on the course adding a platform around one of the trees using scrap pallets that measure 28x50" or so and using 3x3" square posts for legs.. i've been taking pics as i go along so when im tired of working on it i'll come in and post them up.
once the platform is done it will have a couple ramps for on/off access and rocks will be piled on top so you can drive around a little bit.. unfortunately the ground is not level so i have to measure each corner and plan it out a little bit which takes time..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #102
RCC Addict

got some pics but after i came into the house i was busy.. ended up having a shower watching Monster Jam then peeled garlic then had a break then came back and finished peeling by then it was 7pm. so i will post them tonight..
Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #103
RCC Addict

here's what i got done yesterday it will wrap around the tree.. there will be another section like the one that the side is facing us (if that makes sense) on the other side of the tree and then i will make a filler piece. the pieces wont fit exactly into a square and will turn out like a fat "L" shape in bubble letters so im going to square up 2 pieces then on the side thats closest to the barn im gonna build the ramp there where the edge jets out from the rest. its hard to explain but i'll see what i can come up with in paint for now here's some pics.. its a helluva lot of work by yourself trying hold pieces and get decently accurate measurements.

also forgot to mention that the wood under the structure is for my rope bridge that i havent finished yet.. havent been spending a lot of time of rc lately because im in desperate need of a job.. lol
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #104
RCC Addict

just whipped something up in paint to help show up what im trying to explain lol.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #105
RCC Addict

i raked the leaves in the course and gave them to my mom for her garlic plants and i added a few more rocks that i found around the yard.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #106
RCC Addict

went outside at about 2:30pm for a 45min crawl session and got a couple of pictures.. i posted my rig pics in my thread ("my honcho") but i also took a couple of updated pictures of the whole course.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

When it's done you should have all of us up for a bbq/gtg
its looking good...
ickabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #108
RCC Addict

thanks man.. now that lawnmower racing season is over i'll have some more time to work on it and get it ready for winter. i want to clean up the area a bit before the snow starts flying because i do plan on using it over the winter, maybe make some trails and stuff. it also has a real firepit that i will use also.. might make it a little bigger and higher..

future plans are i have a 3 inch slab of wood i cut off a log that i was going to make a clock out of but its been sitting outside in the rain all year so its starting to crack but i'll peel the bark off it and cut some holes for beer holders and make a table out of it. i also have 2 pieces of wood that were cut horizontal and lengthwise of a log and am planning on carving some sort of sign for the course and hang it on the fence... something like "welcome to my course" or something, it probably like 2 or so feet long so plenty of room..
Old 10-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #109
RCC Addict

its been an endless battle of raking leaves.. so maybe i will have myself a little campfire with some leaves considering my rig doesnt like them...
Old 12-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #110
RCC Addict

havent done a whole lot with the course... today i got those concrete chunks into place, decided to put them right beside the big rock in the corner as kind of a step-up type of deal to get on top of big rock. got some pics of it and will post them later. also ordered an ax10 so when i get that i wanna run some lines and see how it does.. next year the rock pile will get bigger as i'll have my driver's license back and be able to go get some rocks.

also found out where a friend gets his rocks from.. might have to go check it out next year.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #111
RCC Addict

here is a couple pics of stuff i did 2 days ago. that little drop off in the 2nd pic is bigger that i planned gonna try it see how it does.. already know the honcho wont climb it. if a comp crawler cant climb it that leaves me with 2 options. option 1 is add to pile and build it up or option 2 is swap the concrete chunks and put the bigger block against the bigger side of big rock.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

You need more rocks & less wood, this aint wood crawlin
BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGcrawler418 View Post
You need more rocks & less wood, this aint wood crawlin
haha ya i do... but its hard to get rocks when you dont have a driver's license... but next year when i get it back there will be lots of rock brought in, got some ideas brewing...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #114
RCC Addict

so tried crawling the big rock.. honcho did already had to add a couple small rocks here and there to fill in some gaps..drop off ledge is kinda fun, land it just right and the rig will sit there on its nose but hit it too fast and your going over on your lid. here's a couple pics.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Default Re: my slow crawling course build

well my parents decided they are rebuilding the rock wall so dad said i can have all the rock as long as i move it... it'll probably be like a 24 beer job because i gotta move the rocks twice.. but thats alright.. here's some pics of the wall and the size of rock.. i helped build this... i mixed the cement and dad stacked the rocks. im sure they will start tearing into it in the spring time.

there's a lot of rocks here.. it wraps down the driveway too..

Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #116

what part u building the corse on
skinner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #117

No need to build a course, you just need to "modify" the placement of a few rocks in the pics posted above and you will be good to go
tsommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinner09 View Post
what part u building the corse on
huh?? if you look at the first 2 pages you'll see my course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsommers View Post
No need to build a course, you just need to "modify" the placement of a few rocks in the pics posted above and you will be good to go
the pics above are just showing the rocks that i get when my parents tear down the wall i have to move them from their current location to my course.. i have a 40'x25' course set up in the field. and yes i do play on the wall sometimes.. this is my course, i've moved every rock by hand by myself except for th really big ones. has a fence around it that i put up by myself also..

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 01-16-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #119
RCC Addict

well ummm... not much to add to this... i havent done anything with the course lately still a little bit too wet... my parents bought a tractor with a bucket today, a 1976 international diesel. sweet.... now i can get some more rock and start building up the rock piles.

there's some friends and i that get together every 2 weeks and we are having a "spring fling" type of deal in april as our last indoor crawl until fall.. so then we head outside and we've been talking about tooling around to different local locations for crawl sessions. one place we mentioned was my house on my course sweet... plus a friend send he'd help me build up some rocks and stuff so hopefully the fround stays dry this spring..
Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #120
RCC Addict

well it was a nice day outside today so i thought i'd go out and playing with some rocks in my course.. moved a few small rocks around then came in grabbed the crawler and tested it out.. went pretty good.. it was nice to be able to get outside again and do stuff.. here's the newest rocks.. i cant wait until we pick up the tractor this weekend. should be able to get some big rocks once the tractor gets here

stacked a rock on top of another one and offset it. its easy going from this direction but coming backwards its tough.

the little pile of round rock is what i added plus a couple beside the big rock.

over view