Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: anodizeing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default anodizeing

hi all, dose anyone know who dose anodizeing in coustoum colors. gonna build my gf a crawler an she wants all the aluminum parts done in pink.any help would be great or some ideas thanks guys.
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Good luck with pink. Do a google search for your area and you can probably find someone.

My local guy who has done it for me charges 100 per batch of standard colors and over twice that for custom.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Defy Gravity

google works wonders....and one's i've had experience in the past with paintball stuff are a+ and gruntbull, they really like money. could do it at home with some acid and a battery charger, and its cheaper.

EDIT: here's a guide that a friend and i used a few years back to do a couple small parts. getting the color down was the hardest part of the whole thing.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

definitely over-shoot your color a bit, the sealing bleeds more color than you'd think, best to do a few test pieces until you're comfortable with it.

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 03-09-2011 at 08:16 PM.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Try to Bend it

Magenta is the color you want.

Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thanks huys yea i did google search an came up empty in my area.i knew it wasnt gonna be cheap an i realy dont wanna do it my self so i guess she will have to settle for a off the self color. thanks highluks ill look into that color she likes the looks
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevilman2009 View Post
thanks huys yea i did google search an came up empty in my area.i knew it wasnt gonna be cheap an i realy dont wanna do it my self so i guess she will have to settle for a off the self color. thanks highluks ill look into that color she likes the looks
I guarantee you that there is someone near you that does it. It may be a little hard to find, try searching for metal w/your zip code in google. Call one of them ask if they do it, if they say no ask if they know someone who does...Chances are they do.

Like others have said it wont be cheap. I doubt they run pink very often if at all but they could probably short cycle a red to get less color in it. They love cash so bring some with you. The guy I use will charge me double if I want to pay by check or card but that is for standard colors they run all the time.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
RCC Addict

^^^What he said, make some calls to metal supply places and metal fabricators in your area. I am sure they can help point you in the right direction.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Also if you know anyone that's in to 1:1 tuner cars or drag racing they may know someone. Lots of the tuner crowd use custom colors. Also the show car crowd. Good luck.
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Just paint em, no matter how you coat the aluminum, the coating will just scratch off anyway.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote