Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Newbie Lurker with some questions and a short intro.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #1

Default Newbie Lurker with some questions and a short intro.

Hello all I have been a long time lurker on the site I have been into the RCC scene for a year or so but I'm not new to the RC world. I have several other cars and boats. I am big in the 1.1 crawler sport, I build and machine parts for the real thing.

I have a LNC and a MRC I have done quit a few mods on the MRC. Im now looking at moddin the LNC.

I have a few questions about Link ends since the LNC has no link ends, what is a sutable replacement for standard style links. I also would like to Hysteer the front steering links. I will be making my own links and wheels with comp claws for the first stage of my mods. Where Is the best place to find star cut foams for the New tires? I know I can cut them but i would like some that are more uniform than what I could cut.

The second stage is going to be a DIG trans and shock relocation.

Mac
Attached Images

Last edited by MAD MAC; 05-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.
MAD MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well most people use Traxxas Revo rod ends (TRA5347) but since you have the Losi Im not sure if they would work...Possible the rod ends from the LCC? Some losi guys will probably chime in on that.

I would recommend taking a look at the crawler innovations foams (http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/in...mart&Itemid=65 ) they arent star cut but star cutting is really a cheap way to soften the foams. I would also look into upgrading your tires. I dont think anyone runs those losi claws anymore, look into some Rovers Boss Claws, or one of the many other popular comp tires.

Also some of these questions would probably be better answered in the LCC section, those are the guys that know what works and what doesnt on your truck.

Good Luck!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Defy Gravity

traxxas ends'll work, i know a few that are running the revo, i'm running the smaller 3mm-6-32 ends for a pede or rusty and they clear and work well on mine. come by the lcc section and look around, we're usually nice as for high clearance steering link, the rcbros ota link is a good piece of kit, and their high steer knuckles are very nice too. agreed with SMR 510RR on the tires, also look into sedonas.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote