Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Repeat after me: "I will never buy Integy again."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Repeat after me: "I will never buy Integy again."

So,

I was ordering YET another SCX10 from AMAIN the other day... and I needed to spend $20 more to get the $25 coupon discount. Welp, since I needed new driveshafts for my custom (current) SCX10 anyway, I decided to buy some and all they had at the time were Integys. I knew it was risky, and WISH I hadn't done it.

So, the shafts came in yesterday, and I took them out of the package. Initially, they looked beefy and durable. Only did I realize, how crapy of workmanship they are, and how the damn set screw doesn't even fit.

It came with rubber boots to protect the yoke and keep the pin from popping out, but those just cause more binding by preventing free CVD motion.

If that wasn't enough, one of the set screws ended up getting stripped in the yoke and I wasn't able to get it out even with my tap set.
Needless to say, I will NEVER be shopping for ANYTHING Integy again. The shafts are in the trash now. I am online ordering some Junfac shafts and I'm sure those will do the job.

My recommendation is READ reviews before buying anything like this. I just NOW read some reviews about the same Integy shafts, and they all have the same cries I do.

CHEAP Quality, you suck.

Oh, Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm pissed.
4X42HEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

lesson learned i also learned the hard way
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

You don't even need to read reviews to know to stay away from Integy. The only thing I have seen from them that might actually be worth it is the shock hoops for the SCX10...
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
rik
RCC Addict

man, i almost pissed myself when i read the title of this thread. sorry to hear your out the 25 bones.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i have little experience with integy parts. however the only thing on my xr that is integy is the servo horn and it is awsome. sorry for your loss.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Well guys, thx. Just a lil frustrating, but we all go through it. Usually, its breaking something while crawling (or attempting to crawl at least). But to not even be able to get up and running makes me feel two things

1. Like a moron for a few minutes until i realize
2. Integy parts suck and many others have the same issues.

Shoulda listened to the wife and spent the extra $$$ on MIPs.

On a positive note, gotta brand new scx10 kit to decide what to do with.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

That's it, great to see you are looking for an upside to this. I sadly also have learned the hard way that Integy stuff is just crap.
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

yep dumped 90 bucks on gears for the clod said they were metal ........... not! stripped them in about three weeks the originals lasted four years until i had the motor come loose on the trail a couple blocks in so i just kept going i 2wd .
77chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
Well guys, thx. Just a lil frustrating, but we all go through it. Usually, its breaking something while crawling (or attempting to crawl at least). But to not even be able to get up and running makes me feel two things

1. Like a moron for a few minutes until i realize
2. Integy parts suck and many others have the same issues.

Shoulda listened to the wife and spent the extra $$$ on MIPs.

On a positive note, gotta brand new scx10 kit to decide what to do with.
If my wife would support me in this, I would so be all over that! But total win with having the new kit to create into your own.
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Smile super rock slide

i have one of thier super rockslids and plan a 1/10made with one of thier drive frains i love them
Quote:
So,

I was ordering YET another SCX10 from AMAIN the other day... and I needed to spend $20 more to get the $25 coupon discount. Welp, since I needed new driveshafts for my custom (current) SCX10 anyway, I decided to buy some and all they had at the time were Integys. I knew it was risky, and WISH I hadn't done it.

So, the shafts came in yesterday, and I took them out of the package. Initially, they looked beefy and durable. Only did I realize, how crapy of workmanship they are, and how the damn set screw doesn't even fit.

It came with rubber boots to protect the yoke and keep the pin from popping out, but those just cause more binding by preventing free CVD motion.

If that wasn't enough, one of the set screws ended up getting stripped in the yoke and I wasn't able to get it out even with my tap set.
Needless to say, I will NEVER be shopping for ANYTHING Integy again. The shafts are in the trash now. I am online ordering some Junfac shafts and I'm sure those will do the job.

My recommendation is READ reviews before buying anything like this. I just NOW read some reviews about the same Integy shafts, and they all have the same cries I do.

CHEAP Quality, you suck.

Oh, Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm pissed.
grave 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i had a 65 turn integy motor and i will never run that motor again.. my motor fell apart ruined my gear. i have noticed the parts arnt that great.
adawg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
RCC Addict

There is a (small) exception. a few of of the motors are good ( have had my 50T for a year so far and no problems). probably cause they dont make them and my hex drivers which are also going on a year. Still work great after a year of everyday use
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So, I needed to spend $20 more to get the $25 coupon discount. blah,blah,blah, I'm pissed.
Am I the only one that sees this? You actually spent $20 to net a savings of $5.

I don't know how everyone doesn't know integer sucks.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I have some InteJunk shafts on my Bronco. They are pretty, and they are also just for photo shoots.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Am I the only one that sees this? You actually spent $20 to net a savings of $5.
Saw that too.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Actually those little boots are good for keeping mud out of Slash driveshafts. They are the only useful part though.
Mud Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I made this pledge years ago!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Saw that too.
Actually, I spent $20 more and got $25 off.... or something like that.

It "netted" $5 total cost for the shafts, which is about $4.50 more than they worth. Oh well, I got junfacs on the way.