Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: exceed to r1 chassis???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #1

Question exceed to r1 chassis???

I was wondering if anyone hastried or thought about swapping a gmade r1 chassis onto a maxstone 10. I was going to try the proline ax10 tuber kit until i saw the r1 and i like the r1 better,and i was also wondering why there isnt a brand specific section here for the exceed crawlers they are not bad for the price i love mine, but to cut it short any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
manowar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Never owned exceed. Thought about buying one just see if they are any good but never did. Is this the 1/10th moa or shafty? You can make most any chassis work. The r1 is an awesome looking chassis. Maybe the redcat rs-10 section can help. Plenty r1s with rs-10 axles in those threads.
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #3

its the 1/10 shafty and for the money its a good truck the only thing ive broken so far is the steering servo it is metal geared i didnt strip it it shorted and died and i swapped the tx/rx for the flysky fs-gt3b
manowar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manowar88 View Post
i was also wondering why there isnt a brand specific section here for the exceed crawlers they are not bad for the price
Because their design is nearly a carbon copy of the AX10. Had they taken the time to design their own unique rig instead of ripping off Axial, they would have their own thread.

As far as the swap goes, I doubt if anyone has done it specifically with an Exceed. You might find someone who has done it with an Axial though, so that should be enough to get you rolling. Let us know how it works out.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #5

im finishing a maxstone 10 swap to a scx10. not easy!! lots of work to line up the upper links(4 link not 3 link) but it is working and looking pretty good (for Frankinstine). And i have to agree with Duuuuuuuude, exceed is a cheap knock of Axial but that also means its interchangable with Axial so whatever. just ask genral qustions instead of brand specific.
spaniel57 is offline   Reply With Quote