Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Question about crawler rules.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Question about crawler rules.

We are organizing the first ever rock crawling event in Cyprus this coming Sunday, and we shall be using the USRCCA score system. Please let us know, as we are new to rock crawling, what would the penalty be in points and the procedure if a rig cannot clear/complete one of the gates through a specific course?
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

out of time DNF
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So we must make sure when we build the course that all gates are easy enough for everyone to pass through with variable difficulty but not impossible do so!!
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Often gates may be very tough for a majority of the field, just put them near the end of the course. When designing gates and courses we always try to leave an 'out' at each gate. If a driver cannot cleanly progress there is an alternate approach that will require a gate penalty to be taken but still progress the gate.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vti-chris View Post
So we must make sure when we build the course that all gates are easy enough for everyone to pass through with variable difficulty but not impossible do so!!
Correct. You can also vary the time on course, some courses may be 5 minutes, others may be 6 mnutes.
Plan to make it challanging for the better drivers, but not totally impossible for the newer ones.
I've been to 6 (?) comps thus far, I finally completed my first full course during the last comp. Sigh.
Usually I run out of time, sometimes I "point out".
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vti-chris View Post
Yes and no. It is really up to the course designer, it should be made so that all gates are passable.

For scoring, if a driver points out (40 points or greater), or runs out of time, you take the number of gates the drive has progressed, minus 40, and that's the driver's score for that run.

Example:
The driver has progressed through gate 6, but runs out of time before gate 7 is progressed. You get two points per gate progressed, so 6x2=12. Subtract the progress points from 40 and that is the score for that course: 40 - 12 = 28.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote