Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 775 moa losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 775 moa losi

ok i have posted this about everywhere and i'm trying to get some good feedback on this. i have 2x 775 motors HUGE from 19.2 volt craftsman drills and i was thinking of doing an moa conversion to my nightcrawler......i know i have to change the suspension links to make the motors fit without hitting. custom chasis and all in the works but any though on the 775 motors

thundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
www.ottsix.com

Default ?

Don't know for sure but, I think you're going to destroy your axles with those motors??? But, this I do know, by the time you make all the mods necessary, you're not going to have much steering left without some major offset work (which will make you so wide that you'll have to comp with the supers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundaar View Post
ok i have posted this about everywhere and i'm trying to get some good feedback on this. i have 2x 775 motors HUGE from 19.2 volt craftsman drills and i was thinking of doing an moa conversion to my nightcrawler......i know i have to change the suspension links to make the motors fit without hitting. custom chasis and all in the works but any though on the 775 motors

Last edited by crawl-o-matic; 07-13-2011 at 07:57 PM.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

a standard 540 can size motor w/ the MOA conversion works well. I used integy 35t motors for an entire season than changed up to some 35t brood motors.

The MOA conversion does not require all the motor that the shafty version does. I think your making it to difficult.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
Defy Gravity

considering a moa losi will do just fine with machine wound 540s....its overkill. the size of them is going to play havok with making a suspension that works, not to mention just getting them to bolt up is going to be some work....

and side note, how many damn threads are you going to post? one here, one in the losi section, and one in the electronics section about the motors....
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #5

How much more do those weigh? Seems like a lot of work for something that will probably be hard on parts... Would like to see a video once completed though...
maeu2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I runt dual 37T handwounds on my moalosi and couldnt be happier. Dont try to reinvent the wheel.
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

with all the work involved getting them to work with the moa kit, since i am not sure if they have even a relatively close to same bolt locations as a normal 540/550 motor, it will likely not be worth it since its hard to say if they would do any bit better than a 540 motor as any more torque they make wont be necesary over running even some integy 35t's or even some cheap 27t's with the right gearing . on my losi moa running 2 brood 30t's ive been been able to break teeth off the stock worm gears when in a real bad bind.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I think what would help you get feed back you want is are you doing just to do it, which is totally cool or are doing it just to make it a little bit better. Just to make a freakshow monster is always cool and plenty of peeps here would love to see it but if your looking for abit more power I don't think it's worth the trouble. But I still vote for a freakshow monster!
RksPlz is offline   Reply With Quote