Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: solid axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default solid axles

i need a set of axles for my new crawler i was wondering if any one ever tried using mad force axles. I do want shaft driven axles. i believe jugg axles are shaft drives and i know txt-1 and x-factors are shafts drives but is there any other solid axle that is shaft driven and where can i find these axle. I know rc4wd has txt-1 axles, and tower hobbies has all the parts for mad force axles? any body have any recommendations other then clod axles.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: solid axles

The Mad/Twin Force axles won't work well out of the box for crawling. To make them work you'd need to make/buy links for it; the stock suspension arms just don't allow for much articulation.

I don't know what the Jugg or X-Factor axles cost, but if you were to get a TXT you might as well get the whole truck kit to start out since the truck is only $90 more than the axles alone.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #3

I am a fan of X-factor axles. There wider then TXT-1 and I believe there are stonger then TXT-1 axles. Just my opinion. Expect to pay $140 for them though. I have no expereince with mad force axles.
MicroDiladum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have a madforce and a Xfactor and i do believe the ring/pinion are the same ratio about 3.3 to 1. I thought of using the madforce axles because they have bearing and are 1/8 scale strong however the servo mounting is difficult to figure out. I would go for the Xfactor personally but let me know if you get the madforce axles working i'm curious to see their true potenial due to their good ground clearance
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

rcracer did you figure out a way to mount MF axles using a 4-link setup? i'm going to check around madforce.net but i have a problem logging in on madforce.net

Micro Diladum do you know where i can get a new set of x-factor axles. I've searched all over the place and can'tfind them anywhere. I tryed on ebay and can't find them on there either.

Malzem where do you buy a txt? at my local have shop they want $550 for the truck. either i would be getting ripped off at the lhs or those are extremely expensive axles.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Go to Tower Hobbies and look up Tamiya TXT-1. They have them there for $370.00 I beleive might be lower or higher I am not sure.

jugg_crawler
jugg_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yea Tower has them for $350. You could get the TXT axles alone, but they're only $90 cheaper than the whole truck, so you might as well start out w/ the whole kit imo.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:04 AM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

you could always get a set of Maxx axles/diffs and turn them into straight axles
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

i forget to mention that i'm in canada so the prises are a lot more.

with using maxx diffs and converting them to solid, that was my first idea. i was going to use the 4wd upgrade kit for the sportmaxx for tower hobbies.