Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mounting a Ax10 onto a Scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

hey, for tires if you get a set of stock tires from the maxstone and narrow them a lot, it would look like tractor tires
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post

heres a size comparison between the truck and a traxxas rally
Can't wait to see more, it's looking good already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldham View Post
hey, for tires if you get a set of stock tires from the maxstone and narrow them a lot, it would look like tractor tires
I'm still sorta on the fence about making some tractor tires, or just leaving the Swamp Dawgs on there. Time will tell.
-mud- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #43
RCC Addict

thanks i actually started a thread for it yesterday, still havent put up pics of it tho
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #44

I did the ax10.on a scx and its great lift. Get rid of your lower plate so it cuts through the mud easier.
troy95chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #45

If you put your shocks on the ax10 part of the frame you will get more lift and better articulation out of it
Old 08-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

I've thought about taking the bottom plate off, and just putting some short, homemade links down there, give it a more mud truck look. Also, I tried moving my shocks, but my driveshafts are already stretched to the max, I want to keep my wheelbase right where it's at. I would need longer links, and longer driveshafts.

Since the topic of driveshafts has come up, I did find out that having a longer driveshaft, causes a major vibration. Not so bad when moving slow, but at a decent throttle, it'll shake the driveshaft to the point where it slips apart. And once, it poped off the u-joint...but that was an old, worn out shaft. And in the mud, if the tires get stuck, the shafts will twist....the solution is easy enough. Bigger, stronger driveshafts.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Here's a few pics of how my truck sits now, but clean. Just to give a visual.

I'm going to do some body work to it, give it a more scale look. For starters, get rid of the 4x4x4 on the grill. Put clear windows on it, make some sort of undercarrige for the body so its not transparent. Wheel wells come to mind. And lastly, an interior. At least that's the plan.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Good ideas for future stuff. But keep in mind that the more interior or scale stuff you add will equate to heavier rig and more top heavy. I can see the changing the 4x4x4 grill. But for a mud truck that will get spanked, an interior is a good commitment. Nothing wrong with it by any means, but do you need the effort? I think it is coming along great in any regards. The only thing I would have done different is leave the trans lower on the lower skid to keep better driveshaft angles. Clkearance is good for less drag, but if the lower skid is going to stay then why not benefit from better driveshaft angles and not waste it? You would not lose anything by moving it to the lower skid, only gain something. Just my opinion. Awesome either way and not busting on you, just oppinions
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #49

What shafts did or are you gonna use? I've spun 4 already and its getting old lol. I'm trying to get pics of mine up but my phone on this website will not let me attach a picture. once again, nice mudder!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

No worries Rook82, I don't think your bustin my chops. I'm not going to get to carried away with the scale stuff. I'm thinking of putting in a floor pan with a couple seats, and a steering wheel. That's my interior. Keeping it simple, like a 1.1 mud truck. I have a few vehicles here that have interiors that I might be able to remove, and they should fit in the Clod body. I found that the easiest thing to do, was what I thought would be the hardest, are the wheel wells. I found some black plastic containers that trimmed just right look perfect. I need to get some more from my work though, took alot of trial and error to get it just right, and I ran out of materials. I will be, eventually, taking troy95chevyadvice and remove the lower skid, and installing small cross links. Although I think I'm going to leave the ride height where it is.

Thanks alot for all the ideas and comments. I really appreciate it.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy95chevy View Post
What shafts did or are you gonna use? I've spun 4 already and its getting old lol. I'm trying to get pics of mine up but my phone on this website will not let me attach a picture. once again, nice mudder!
I'm still using the stock Axial shafts. Yours has a bit more lift on it. Twisting driveshafts was the problem I had when I was first trying this. You may have to make your own, or move the shocks on the loops to lower the height.

And with the pics, I use my phone for everything. Pics, video, and internet. I found that I had to create a photobucket account to upload pics on this site since I use my phone.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #52
RCC Addict

i got the truck lifted with the alloy axles mounted. still have a few issues to work out with my monster
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

what esc are you running for this?
sundayface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #54
Nope..

It's lookin good dude! Are you planning on fixing that front bumper gap?
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote