Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed Maxstone 8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #1

Default Exceed Maxstone 8

Meant Maxstone

I know I didn't do my research before I bought it , but got a good deal I thought it was new . I have run 3 battery packs threw it and stripped back gears first time and replaced them and got almost 2 packs before the front gears stripped and I haven't even put it up against anything major yet . Does anyone make metal gears or know of some that will work in it ?

Last edited by saddlehorse; 08-09-2011 at 07:21 PM.
saddlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #2

Talked to Exceed aboutthe faulty made gears and they told me I was crazy they have never heard of any such problems that they only use the best and are rated among the top of RC brands , and they have never heard of any of the gears stripping out in the crawlers they make .( this truck has been drove on flat ground and not abused yet) I asked them if they where among the top then why was there no support at local hobby shops and parts are hard to find and only 2 websites carry them . They got silent and hung up on me .

That place is a joke , I would not recomend them to anyone . Products are junk and customer support is a joke . Guess I should have just threw that money in the trash can and saved all the headache from it all . Lesson learned .
Old 08-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #3

Angry

not sure about the 8, but i know that some axial stuff will fit the 10 they sell, i know i had one, we all live and learn though i guess. i actually didn't even get a pack through mine before i destroyed the servo gears, on flat ground as well...
eagle1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

I looked into the axial , but the 8 is setup alot different than the 10 . I wish it would work . The gear that keeps stripping is a 2in1 type deal . It has 50 teeth and then a litle 15tooth gear made to it also .
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
www.ottsix.com

Man, I think I'd just trash it and get something worth upgrading. If you're short on funds, look into Redcat (moa) or Venom (shafty) you can get either with some loose change and both are well built and upgradable. (and both have their own sub forum with tons of build threads and ideas)

Last edited by crawl-o-matic; 08-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Got a picture of the gear that keeps stripping?
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #7

Got a guy wantin me to trade it to him for a HPI Nitro RS4 . Think I will do that and buy a new crawler next month ..

I can get a pic of the gear afterwhile
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #8

Default Re: Exceed Maxstone 8

Definitely feelin your pain on the Exceed products... Been tryin forever to get the servo mounting plate so i can rear steer this pig of a playtoy. My solution, use the main chassis its pretty decent and ive ordered and received an extra set of side plates. chassis bracs and a few other misc. parts as spares and upgrades. Now I wait for my Clodbuster axles and various other parts I have ordered to come trickling in. Parts are readily available for the clod, and upgrades abound, and are easy to get install and use.. Not planning on doin any super heavy duty crawling but it should get up some rocks none the less. Your exceed chassis isnt hopeless, just in need of a major over haul straight out of the box... BTW those gears are dry in it, they ship without grease in the gear casings at all... Pretty bad when you have to take a RTR and work on it before its ready to run.
Chrishercules1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlehorse View Post
Talked to Exceed aboutthe faulty made gears and they told me I was crazy they have never heard of any such problems that they only use the best and are rated among the top of RC brands , and they have never heard of any of the gears stripping out in the crawlers they make .( this truck has been drove on flat ground and not abused yet) I asked them if they where among the top then why was there no support at local hobby shops and parts are hard to find and only 2 websites carry them . They got silent and hung up on me .

That place is a joke , I would not recomend them to anyone . Products are junk and customer support is a joke . Guess I should have just threw that money in the trash can and saved all the headache from it all . Lesson learned .
and now you know why alot of online shops stopped dealing with them. they treat there customers like crap. its unfortunate they treat there customers like that but some people get lucky with them. i couldnt get rid of mine fast enough, went thru the same crap

Last edited by crawlhog; 12-22-2011 at 06:35 AM.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #10

on a simular note, I can't say enough great stuff about Venom!! I run 2 Losi crawlers and bought a used creeper for a third crawler. I knew all the issues before I bought it so there was no suprize. The big suprize was how great the venom C/S is. I emailed twice now about a couple of parts that were hard to find and both times the answered me in 24 hours and sent the parts to me for $0.00!!! Even though some of theirstuff may be sub par they will stand behind you, They wanted to keep me comping my creeper so that is what I'm doing.
fishonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #11

I'm having the same problem, let me know if you're able to find that gear.
gthomas1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthomas1984 View Post
I'm having the same problem, let me know if you're able to find that gear.
Buy a star and post a wanted ad. I know there's some guys out there with spare stuff.
Nimyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #13

I am putting in a set of bullys on mine.I will putting up a build thread soon with all the dirt and parts list.
TBone69 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/330592-exceed-maxstone-8-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
First rock crawler This thread Refback 10-05-2011 05:35 AM