Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Got it...played with it...Broke it...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #1

Question Got it...played with it...Broke it...

Ok...I purchased a 1:6 Scorpion on eBay (my first ) , got it yesterday, 5/12/06. I charged the battery for about 20 hours and took it out to play. It did GREAT for about 30 minutes until I heard a very weird "grinding" noise while driving over some broken concrete cinder blocks. I noticed that the right front wheel was no longer working and was turned inward while the other wheel was pointing straight forward . This is what I found...

Needless to say...I am disappointed, but I am hoping that the folks in customer service are as cool about helping get things fixed/replaced as I have heard.
BLHTAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

ebay bro
12flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
RCC Addict

OUCH, sry to hear, sux

hope mine dont do anything like that

but I am sure it is not a impossible fix

Good luck and hope it works out for you
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

the stub axle that sticks out of the axle case caught on the slots in the cup that it sticks into while you were turning is my guess....

you could get the part for less than 15 shiped to your door off ebay most likely.....no use in bugging Funrise about such a small problem
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:54 AM   #5

I have not found anything on eBay as of yet. I did find a guy selling a lot of Nylint parts on there, but not what I need, so I sent him a message as his auctions state he has more parts that are not listed.

I don't think it should be considered "bugging" customer service about something that breaks in the first 30 minutes of use. It's not the money, but the principal ...and the fact that they have asked to be contacted about breakage issues. If they take care of it and send me a new part, that is just a bonus, but I am not expecting that. As with my YJ, I am prepared to pay when I play .
Old 05-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #6

Thumbs up

UPDATE... I have found one. There is an eBay seller by the name of Eastjunior that has a ton of parts for these rigs. Sellers real name is Dave or Terri Simmons and they are very helpful and quick to reply. If you don't see what you need in an auction, just send them a message and they will list it for you if it is available.

I hope that is of help to someone else on here.