Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Good Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

Default Good Crawler

I am letting the Maxstone go and will be looking for a replacement .
SO what is a good crawler to buy , not looking for a comp rig just a basher .
I hear the axial is a good company , but I don't know alot about these yet as I am just starting in the rc crawler world . I am used to he real thing but money , time and family limits that these days .
Thanks
saddlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

Hey man, you're about to get a lot of folks sugesting that you spend some time reading... which is a good idea.
But I read your other thread, so...

Axial is a solid brand if you're looking for a shaft drivin rig (I have 3, 2 are in my sig below). They make a proven axle with many upgrades and a strong transmission, also upgradeable.

Since you have 1:1 experience, think of it as a real build. You wouldn't take a stock Samurai crawling. You might swap the axles, trans, motor... add a winch, roll cage, sliders...

Same with a rc crawler.
In the long run you'll be best off if you build a rig.
Buy a set of used upgraded axles, a trans and chassis that you like. Used electronics too. You can make links from threaded rod and Traxxas rod ends.
Or, buy a used rtr/artr. You can find everything from a pile of parts, a new in box, slightly used, fully modded and custom rigs.

You must buy a star for $20 or be a member for 30 days with 30 post to gain access to the clasifieds. There's a sticky at the top of Newbie General that goes over the details.
Enjoy
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

get a scale rig.
dodge12vcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
www.ottsix.com

How much do you want to spend?
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #5

I have done some reading and research this time . Just thought I would get some more opinions . I was thinking of building from scratch and just taking my time to find and build how I want just like i have done with the 1:1 .

As far as money goes if I buy one pre built as little as possible up front due to just spending tons on my new cutting horse and fixing to send her off for more training total of about a $23,000 hit there so it has depleted my savings and alot of future savings ..LOL...

But If I build from scratch the ole lady will not notice a little here and there as much . Also traded the Maxstone for a HPI RS4 nitro so will sell it in a couple weeks when I get tired of playing on flat pavement and that will money to invest in crawler also ..

THanks for the input
saddlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

venom creeper is a great base to start kit cost $100 they have a good platform to start with and good upgrades and good customer service
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #7

#1 choice Losi Comp crawler
#2 Losi Night Crawler

Losi's are great right out of the box, very dependable and tough. Axials are ok , I had a AX10 for a sportsmans rig and went to the Night Crawler and never looked back. But do some research for yourself!
fishonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I would have to reccomend the Axial Products, they are top notch!

about those venom creepers, IMO they are junk. sure their price is very eye catching, but once you actually get crawling with it, it will cause headaches. Not to mention, parts support almost everywhere ive personally been has been Zero'ed out by axial or losi.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
I would have to reccomend the Axial Products, they are top notch!

about those venom creepers, IMO they are junk. sure their price is very eye catching, but once you actually get crawling with it, it will cause headaches. Not to mention, parts support almost everywhere ive personally been has been Zero'ed out by axial or losi.
beg to differ bro the creeper is a viable platform parts are their trust me I run one pro and keep up just fine... HAVE YOU ever ran a creeper? dont discourage people on a rig that you might have a little knowldge on bro. I love mine works great. you will need to some mods to it but what rig out of the box doesnt need to mod up. talking out of your butt bro.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

under $500 invested with no issuse

Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo303d View Post
beg to differ bro the creeper is a viable platform parts are their trust me I run one pro and keep up just fine... HAVE YOU ever ran a creeper? dont discourage people on a rig that you might have a little knowldge on bro. I love mine works great. you will need to some mods to it but what rig out of the box doesnt need to mod up. talking out of your butt bro.
I will admit, i have never ran a creeper, but ive seen one in action, and just kept breaking. the poor kid was having no fun at all.

Any rig will need some work done to it, but Venom creeper is only supported by Venom (i believe). I have never seen any other 3rd part companies like VP support the venom with alum. parts. In addition, as i mentioned in my earlier post, i have not seen any venom parts in any of my LHS, compared to Axial and losi, where the LHS do stock up on them. Also, Axial has a vast 3rd party market of after market parts support.

No need to be an A$$ about it.. I was just saying an opinion.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I will admit, i have never ran a creeper, but ive seen one in action, and just kept breaking. the poor kid was having no fun at all.

Any rig will need some work done to it, but Venom creeper is only supported by Venom (i believe). I have never seen any other 3rd part companies like VP support the venom with alum. parts. In addition, as i mentioned in my earlier post, i have not seen any venom parts in any of my LHS, compared to Axial and losi, where the LHS do stock up on them. Also, Axial has a vast 3rd party market of after market parts support.

No need to be an A$$ about it.. I was just saying an opinion.
sorry to be a a$$ and I under stantd your opinion but im tired of people think the creeper is junk. rc4wd makes xvds for the axels ckrc has HR aluminum rear lock outs c's and hubs and rmdesignworks makes paradox lichon lockes chassis btl plates rear link mounts and trusses and a whole lot of stuff , FLM makes lockers or good old fashon jb weld will work for lockers. also venom has made updated vcd's that so far from what I have seen holding up well and customer service is great!. the hop ups are their and way cheaper than the axial and vp offer dont get me wrong axial and vp are good quality products but when you dont want to spend a ton of $ or on a budget the creepr is the way to go for the price. not trying to be a$$ but just when you see one kid with a bone stock creeper doesnt mean that their JUNK.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I saw the xr10 bone stock when they first came out and lots of people I know said at first they were junk cuz of the gears breaking now look one of the best. same thing bro same thing. not saying xr and creeper compair but they both work without breaking

Last edited by jojo303d; 08-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
sorry to be a a$$ and I under stantd your opinion but im tired of people think the creeper is junk. rc4wd makes xvds for the axels ckrc has HR aluminum rear lock outs c's and hubs and rmdesignworks makes paradox lichon lockes chassis btl plates rear link mounts and trusses and a whole lot of stuff , FLM makes lockers or good old fashon jb weld will work for lockers. also venom has made updated vcd's that so far from what I have seen holding up well and customer service is great!. the hop ups are their and way cheaper than the axial and vp offer dont get me wrong axial and vp are good quality products but when you dont want to spend a ton of $ or on a budget the creepr is the way to go for the price. not trying to be a$$ but just when you see one kid with a bone stock creeper doesnt mean that their JUNK.
well, i guess i was an A$$ about it too, since i cant say anything about something i havent even driven. i just want to get a point through, just to make sure other beginners dont face issues, and leave one great hobby, especially rc crawling, just because of 1 kit. I am not sure what happened to the kid, because i havent seen him for a long time, and he used to be a local.

although it seems like you've had very good experience with your creeper.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
well, i guess i was an A$$ about it too, since i cant say anything about something i havent even driven. i just want to get a point through, just to make sure other beginners dont face issues, and leave one great hobby, especially rc crawling, just because of 1 kit. I am not sure what happened to the kid, because i havent seen him for a long time, and he used to be a local.

although it seems like you've had very good experience with your creeper.
I understand bro I dont want people to leave the hobby either and I wouldnt want anyone to give me bad advice so I give advice as if I wanted advice.

I love my creeper it works great and lots of people I crawl with are amazed with the things it can do and how it keeps up. kids are kids and dont know as much when it comes to the r&r with this hobby. were good bro if you ever have time go to the creeper threads and check out what people are doing,,the threads are alive and at one point were dead until rmdesignworks took over with his product line paradox.

all and all Creeper is a good crawling rig and I approve this message
Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
I understand bro I dont want people to leave the hobby either and I wouldnt want anyone to give me bad advice so I give advice as if I wanted advice.

I love my creeper it works great and lots of people I crawl with are amazed with the things it can do and how it keeps up. kids are kids and dont know as much when it comes to the r&r with this hobby. were good bro if you ever have time go to the creeper threads and check out what people are doing,,the threads are alive and at one point were dead until rmdesignworks took over with his product line paradox.

all and all Creeper is a good crawling rig and I approve this message
will do sir! Glad were on the same page
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #17
www.ottsix.com

Redcat RS10 (if you want an MOA) or the Venom (if you want a shafty) both have a ton of build threads to help you along and you get a heck of a lot for your money.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote