Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Need help with R/C gift!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #21

crawlhog - Actually I would haha!! I'm not a prissy girl so I wouldn't really care lol. My husband knows me well . BUT I do see your point!! But the way I see it, even if I get those and he thinks their just so-so, he can always get another set of his choice. I really don't wanna let him pick it out (last year I let him pick out what R/C thing he wanted and it kinda lost the sincere part, and to top it off I had picked out the exact same airboat he picked lmao!). We usually have about the same tastes in everything, I'm sure he'd love them. That's why I'm trying to figure out if they'd be the best tire for his driving style. (Hillsides, log climbing, snow/ice terrain, puddles/water (he's waterproofed it)).
RCWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #22
I joined the Band!

yes the boggers do great as a all round tire, on rocks= good/ mud=great/ trails=great/ all-in-all id give the tire a 8/10

only other tire id recomend is the mickey thompson baja claws
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Get the Rock Beasts!!! Its the newest tire out and is supposed to be awesome for everything from crawling on rock to playing in dirt and mud. One of the best looking tires also! The RC4WD tires look really good but the compound is a little too stiff for a stock SCX-10, they work better on heavier trucks. The Proline tires are great but dont have quite the detail that the rock beasts and RC4WD lineup has.

Rock Beasts:
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pbtpb9003nk.htm

Ok so no sisters...What about cousins?

Oh yea, if you got some hair ties and paper clips laying around and some free time (without him) make him some scale bungee cords to tie down his new goodies. Its really easy to do and knowing that you made them yourself would score some major wifey points!
How to video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dwgJzzOoR8

Last edited by SMR 510RR; 09-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWife View Post
Okay so after clearing away some mud and grass and who knows what else They are stock tires. Okay, you guys have me sold, i'll buy some tires too. I thought about buying him some PJs, but I think he'd rather have some tires . I'm 95% sure he's already switched to lipo so he already has that.

So what kind of landscapes are the Interco Super Swamper 1.9 TSL/Bogger Scale Tire good for?? I know it says mud, but does it climb hills well too?? He's all about taking it up mountain sides. Also does anyone know how they do in the snow/ice?? Just wanna make sure I get the best for what he likes to do. I'm really liking those the best though. I'm seeing that is pretty much everyone's favorite as well.
He's picky as far as performance AND looks lol. I'd like to have the best of both worlds for him, but I'm sure he'd agree that performance trumps looks appeal.
I'd buy him the Fubar Rings too, but I'm sure he'll wanna get some wheels for it instead. I don't wanna buy TOO much because I know he'll wanna pick it out himself too I don't wanna take all of the fun out of it for him.

DioptricStraw- I LOVE to play with R/Cs with him!! It's so fun, and our son (17 months) loves, LOVES to go out and watch his daddy run R/C cars/planes/boats! And the hobby shop is one of my favorite places to go! We usually spend over a hour just looking around! Plus I'm into model trains so I have my own favorite section
Yeah,i'd go with the proline TSL's...best bang for your bug and the realistic true scale look!

That's very cool that you are doing this and actually go out and crawl with him...not many women support thier men this way,especially this kinda hobby

My lady is always saying:HUH,YOU HAVE ANOTHER PACKAGE FOR YOUR LITTLE TOY TRUCK

Some just don't understand?i have girlfriends that are always like,damn man how old are you?still p,aying with trucks..

I truelly just laugh cuz to be honest,this is what gets me past a ruff day or a bad day!...if i get home from a hard day at work,i go into the garage and grab my FJ and hit the rocks with my boy,all my worries/problems seem to go out
the door. So it's either this or the corner bar

Good luck with everything and stay supportive
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #25

SMR 510RR - That hair tie bungee cord is pretty neat! I'll so do that for him! I have a million of the little ties that won't hold in my hair just laying around!

GREEDY GENIUS - The way I see it once you pay over $300 it is no longer just a "toy"! haha! I totally get it! He's been into everything R/C since he was a kid and he is now 33 years old, and I don't ever see him quitting the hobby. Now that we've had our son he's even more excited about it because he can share it with him. I've always been supportive, and I always will, you never outgrow a real passion
Old 09-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Pretty much your one stop shop for anything scaler http://www.rpphobby.com/category_s/374.htm
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Pretty much your one stop shop for anything scaler http://www.rpphobby.com/category_s/374.htm
that says it all, great stuff ,great shop, great CS
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #28

So I think i'm gonna go with the PIT BULL 1.9 Rock Beasts. Those are some pretty mean looking tires and seem more like what he'd need.
He figured out that I was making bungee cords. All I said was that I needed to get some paperclips from the store and he said, are you making me some bungee cords?? lol I think he might have saw the video on our youtube history lol.
Also, I figured he did, but he has a account on here already So I'm hoping he won't find my post.
Thanks for that link, http://www.rpphobby.com/category_s/374.htm - Everything seems to be a little cheaper here as well! You guys are awesome! Thanks for all of your help!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I got that bungee video out of a thread on here, he may have seen that.

RPP hobby is the best, their slogan "Our service rocks" is 100% correct. They ship quick and their prices on products and shipping is very reasonable.

I think he will like the pit bull tires, they will be my next set.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #30

SMR 510RR - Do they have any other how to videos on that thread? Would you care to post a link to it? I'd like to make him a few things too! He's always talking about making things for his crawler, but he never has time. I'm planning on making him a scale rolled up sleeping bag too . He talked about wanting one a while back but hasn't been able to make one.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #31
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
So I think i'm gonna go with the PIT BULL 1.9 Rock Beasts. Those are some pretty mean looking tires and seem more like what he'd need.
Good choice
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
SMR 510RR - Do they have any other how to videos on that thread? Would you care to post a link to it? I'd like to make him a few things too! He's always talking about making things for his crawler, but he never has time. I'm planning on making him a scale rolled up sleeping bag too . He talked about wanting one a while back but hasn't been able to make one.
No it was just the bungees in that thread (DIY Scale Bungees - VIDEO). There are tons of other threads on different stuff, most of it is a bit harder than the bungees and usually involves making something out of styrene.

We have a whole section on scale accessories (coolers, tool boxes, bungees, nets, etc.) that would be a good place to look for ideas. There are also some of the vendors in there selling all kinds of stuff if you are looking for something specific. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-accessories/

Also there is the vendors market, it has a scale section if you want to look for other stuff to buy. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-parts/ Rpp hobby has done a very good job of getting most of the popular items from the smaller "one man shop" vendors on here so that you can get everything at one place.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #33

Cats out of the bag!! But its ok i'm glad she told me, cause I am picky lol!! But id love whatever she got regardless! anyway My wife is awesome isn't she guys!!! Love ya honey!!
I'm down to crawl with some tennesseeans! Tryin to get some locals together in tri cities area here!
WickedCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up

HAHAHAHA....ROTFLMAO.....sorry the secret is out, but yes, you do have a great wife (at least from what we can tell based on posts here).

My wife "allows" my RC hobby because:
1-I've been doing it longer than I've know her
2-It's something for my son & I to do together (he's 16 and on here as well)
3-There are a lot worse things I could be doing with my time.

Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

cool wife and just browse the scale accessories there are tons of how to threads

mine tries to understand and i told her i could either get another rc or i was buying a 1.1 4x4 she picked rc but i think it would of been cheaper to get the 1.1 lol
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #36

Wink

You TURD!! :P I didn't even realize you found my thread!! I love you too honey, I hope you enjoy your gifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCrawler View Post
Cats out of the bag!! But its ok i'm glad she told me, cause I am picky lol!! But id love whatever she got regardless! anyway My wife is awesome isn't she guys!!! Love ya honey!!
I'm down to crawl with some tennesseeans! Tryin to get some locals together in tri cities area here!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #37

I'm horrible at keeping secrets from him lol. He started talking about wanting some new tires and I just couldn't help but tell him lol.
I've also made him a few things by hand too