Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Integy alloy axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy alloy axle

Got one of these in a rig I got off of the for sale section. I suck at the search aparently and can't find any info on them. Has anybody run one and know how they are holding up? Mine was brand new so I tore into it and lubed it up. The gears, locker and shafts seem pretty beef. I know it's probably not the best metals used though.

Stock axial on left and Integy on right.

Any feedback would be nice. Should I junk it and go with a ax10 unit or beat the snot out of this one for a while?
jeepinkid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

All I know is they are the Integy complete front axle for AX10, SCX10 C23034silver.

They may use stock AX10 parts? Dont know.

Integy also makes a Billet Type II C23493silver, but I cant even find a pic of that one.
Attached Images

KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Took this thing out today for a little crawl and bash session. It was obvious that I needed some loctite. Loctited everything and it's running sweet. Flipped the steering link on top of the knuckles and this thing slides great on the rocks. I will keep pushing it and try to find a weak link.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
All I know is they are the Integy complete front axle for AX10, SCX10 C23034silver.

They may use stock AX10 parts? Dont know.

Integy also makes a Billet Type II C23493silver, but I cant even find a pic of that one.
your right about those axles. he got the rig off me. i just put it together which i got from the lhs.
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
your right about those axles. he got the rig off me. i just put it together which i got from the lhs.
c0bra this axle is holding up really well. Had a problem with screws backing out. But a little loctite fixed that. I might even end up getting a rear for it and running rear steer. Just want to run it a little longer and see how it holds up.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
RCC Addict

i have 2 others. my scx10 was way to fast and kept breaking the plastic c hubs so i got them .
i tried running rear steer in my scx10 with a y connecter and could only get it ti crab steer!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i have 2 others. my scx10 was way to fast and kept breaking the plastic c hubs so i got them .
i tried running rear steer in my scx10 with a y connecter and could only get it ti crab steer!

Reverse the wires for the rear servo where it goes into the Y connector. That should fix your problem of it being crab steer. Should be able to turn on its own wheelbase then.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
RCC Addict

yea i tried that and it still crab steered. ill put my ax10 back together and get a bunch of servos and try it again.
(need servos for cup racer, mrc, scx10 and ax10) lol
Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #9

Do they have lock outs for the rear axle? And how does the lower link mounting holes look?

I had one alloy ax10 replica axle but the meat around the screw was shaved down and looked like the mount could brake. I had to send it back. It this one looks stronger I would pick up a rear.
MojaveMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:

Which part? About what part number they are, or if they use stock Axial internals? Im thinking about getting a set for a scaler, but I dont want to have to order the parts from integy every time i need a new gear or something. And integy dose not list each part for sale for these axles anyway. They never have been great at listing any real info on there website.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Which part? About what part number they are, or if they use stock Axial internals? Im thinking about getting a set for a scaler, but I dont want to have to order the parts from integy every time i need a new gear or something. And integy dose not list each part for sale for these axles anyway. They never have been great at listing any real info on there website.

I think he was referring to the part number. When I had it apart I slid my ax10 shaft in it and it fit. I didn't have a ax10 R&P laying around but it looked exactly like one.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveMonster View Post
Do they have lock outs for the rear axle? And how does the lower link mounting holes look?

I had one alloy ax10 replica axle but the meat around the screw was shaved down and looked like the mount could brake. I had to send it back. It this one looks stronger I would pick up a rear.

Don't think they would have lockouts for the rear, you would have to hack off the C as it is cast into the axle. Link mounts look good and strong, they are held on by screws and not cast into the axle. Worst case if you break one just make up your own out of steel and screw it back in place.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I wish the rear axle did have lockouts. Maybe the type II has lockouts? Would be nice if integy would at least put up a picture of the item they are selling.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I wish the rear axle did have lockouts. Maybe the type II has lockouts? Would be nice if integy would at least put up a picture of the item they are selling.

No joke about the picture. I have heard nothing but bad things about Integy. I never would have given this axle a thought but now I think I would like one for the rear of this thing. Thinking about putting my 13.5 Goat on 3s in it to see if it will still hold up.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I emailed Integy about pictures of the type II axles and now they have pictures up of them. The Type II rear axle has lockouts. They look pretty cool.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Integy is hit or miss. There are actually quite a few parts they make that are really great. So it wouldn't surprise me if these axles are terrible, or if they're amazing that's just Integy's way of doing things lol.

Wen it comes to their parts for other vehicles their updated Type II (in some cases type III) stuff is usually a lot better then the original. If you like the ones you have I wouldn't hesitate to get the Type II's.
federally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I emailed Integy about pictures of the type II axles and now they have pictures up of them. The Type II rear axle has lockouts. They look pretty cool.
Sweet, the way the rear lock outs attach to the axle is interesting though. Looks like it could handle higher stress than a regular ax10 style.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
he got the what you see in the pics from me, including the axles. i dont know what part number but they are on the integy website for $100 last time i checked. the alloy axle comes complete, just needs the hexs for the lower and upper links. i dont know if you can order parts.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Integy alloy axle

Update on these for anybody thinking about them. I have a very heavy trigger finger and these things are holding up great. I mean I really beat the snot out of this rig and it keeps coming back for more. Only problem I have is breaking rod ends on the tie rod.