Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Toe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Toe

Just wondering about BTA setups. With a BTA set up do you keep it toed in / \ << similar to that or toed out>> \ / or just as straight as you can get it for the best turning radius. I have around 15 20 degrees of castor if that matters.
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
www.ottsix.com

I'm not sure that a BTA set up would have anything to do with toe in or out...I think it just boils down to what you like (I keep mine inline, but that's just me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjcritter View Post
Just wondering about BTA setups. With a BTA set up do you keep it toed in / \ << similar to that or toed out>> \ / or just as straight as you can get it for the best turning radius. I have around 15 20 degrees of castor if that matters.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjcritter View Post
Depending on how much ackerman you knuckles offer you may get different relative toe ratings at lock and center. If you swap from behind to front or vice versa your toe settings will remain the same to give you the same ackerman. If you don't adjust your toe settings your ackerman will flip. I hope that helps. There are some great threads on here and on google, but I figured I would type out a little bit!
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I got it some what figured out I was building at the time and for the life of me couldnt figure it out Thanks guys and sorry for the stupid question.
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote