Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: bruiser... is it worth the hype?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #1

Default bruiser... is it worth the hype?

got a killer deal yesterday at a local yard sale.. 25$$ for a complete rolling bruiser.. is it even worth keeping or should i trade it off or sell ? i see parts are big$$$ its only really missing the body but the wheels are nice and chrome is good, no scratches or damage, looks hardly ran... just need a lil' advice...
gabbyb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Damn! Sweet deal. You wanna sell it? PM me.
Pics would help others advise a direction for this build. How complete? All running gear present?
-B

Last edited by 808DA6; 10-12-2011 at 07:25 AM.
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Is a Bruiser that you got for $25 worth keeping? I can't believe you're asking that question.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
Official Cook of the ECC

He already has it for sale on RCTech, no price listed, selling to highest bidder. Actually listed it for sale there before he made the post here.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #5

Default yes thats true..

im a a cross road with it.. and want a nice scla erig.. buttt.... after looking at prices for parts i listed it then i came here and looked around.. figured this would be the place to answer my questions.... i just really want a nice trouble free rig to run.. im afraid that the age is my biggest issue... and of course price and part availibility... so any form of direction would be great... wow..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
He already has it for sale on RCTech, no price listed, selling to highest bidder. Actually listed it for sale there before he made the post here.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

If you're looking for a budget build, the Bruiser is not for you. However, there's nothing more scale then a Bruiser.
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Official Cook of the ECC

You have to post a price over there, it will get deleted if you don't.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #8

Default thanks

do they break alot?? if so what or where would be the weak spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DA6 View Post
If you're looking for a budget build, the Bruiser is not for you. However, there's nothing more scale then a Bruiser.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
RCC Addict

For me, while the idea of having a bruiser is cool, I would sell it.

You will never want to really beat that rig or drive it much so it wouldn't lose value. You could easily sell it off and use the money to pick up an SCX10.

If you want something to play lightly with and mostly have on the shelf for display, then keep it.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #10

Default ok

wraith or scx 10???? now im all upside down.... wich one ?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Both have strengths and weaknesses. It tight areas and more trail type running the SCX is the better option. For rocks and speed the wraith has it. Both are cool in their own right.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Nice find...

I'd say get yourself an SCX10.....tons of parts....tons of aftermarket support....lots of CHEAP upgrades that work well.

There's also about a MILLION examples of what others have done to them so you can look around alot and decide for yourself what you want to do with yours.

As for the BRUISER....while you did get a really good deal on it....the body with original grill.....original interior and original clear glass.....is worth ALOT more (in my opinion)...than the entire CHASSIS setup.

The electronics are outdated....and pretty much undesired unless it's someone doing a resto...

The tires....have little grip and are undesirable unless it's for a resto.

The tranny's are prone to leaking and a bit complicated for some beginner's if there's anything wrong internally.

The axles are not worth nearly as much now....since RC4WD's making Cast Yota's for $69......and they're 12mm hex driven...instead of being too wide and having to run adapters like you do with original bruiser axles.

I can go on and on....but if you want the max amount of money out of it...

DO your homework....look up what each individual part is going for on the forums and on ebay.....then average that....and go a bit under it....for a nice quick sale.

Don't try to hit a "Home-Run" with it....you're going to make some money on it...but if you get too greedy or high priced......it won't sell !

If you had lots of parts laying around....and if you've built a few of them...then you would probably do a resto type Bruiser and make some good money.

BUT...since you're missing alot of the more expensive items...your best bet will be to part it out for maximum money.

Good luck with whatever you do...just do your homework and do alot of searching around to get a feel for the approximate values of each item before you jump the gun and try to sell them !

ArOn

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 10-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #13

Default wow

thanks a lot for the input.. i think this is what i will do.. it was a real help howu broke it down..
Old 10-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Glad that I could help you out....that's just what I'd do if I were in your shoes !

ArOn
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Great buy, thats why I always try to check out yard sales. Glad to hear someone scored it gives me hope.
hanstone is offline   Reply With Quote