Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: AX10 vs SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default AX10 vs SCX10

I was wondering if the scx10 chassis is capable as the ax10 chassis when it comes to climbs, suspension articulation and etc.
Mr.JayDeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Absolutely not....the AX10 was designed as a Comp Crawler (back when Shafties had a chance) and the SCX10 while it shares some basic components like axles and tranny has a different frame and shock setup as it is a SCALE truck.
While the SCX10 does surprisingly well as a scale truck it does not articulate as well as the AX10....as far as traction, climbing, ect it all depends on the weight distribution and tires on each rig
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JayDeeM View Post
I was wondering if the scx10 chassis is capable as the ax10 chassis when it comes to climbs, suspension articulation and etc.
If your talking straight up stock the SCX10 is a better crawler. My stock setup AX10 was terrible but when I but my SCX it crawled very well. SCX platform performs really out of the box with minimal mods.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

can the ax10 chassis can be used as a scaler though?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

Well, really you can do what ever you want with it... but, no. The AX 10 is not a scale chassis, it's a comp chassis. You can mount a scale body on it if you want to...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

With a little bit of fiddling and modifying my SCX outperformed my AX10 in pretty much everything I have run them threw, I don't find the limited travel a hinderance at all as all my rigs are strapped down anyways. Right now, I am running a truggy SCX with all factory suspension mounts besides the rear shock mounts and I love it. In FOFF mode it climbs better then my buddies FOFF AX10, very similar setups on both. Great truck stock, my only suspension mod is shocks and stretched wheelbase EDIT* and the axial kit 4 link truss
CustomFabber13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Well, really you can do what ever you want with it... but, no. The AX 10 is not a scale chassis, it's a comp chassis. You can mount a scale body on it if you want to...
Pretty much what he says. You can mount a scaler body onto it, but if you ever decide to attend scale comps with it, you probably wouldn't be allowed to compete with it. Usually most scale comps are pretty laid back though, and you'll be allowed to run but more than likely you won't be scored.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I think I decided to build two rigs, one comp and the other for a scaler.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #9

as mentioned the ax10 is more of a comp crawler vs the scx 10. i have both rigs and i must say i have better performance with my scx10 than my ax10, the ax 10 is nice and does good, but a lil upgrading would make it a much better crawler. first day i took it out i destroyed the yokes and the battery needs to be relocated to a much lower cg,plus some metal links would help
LIL ANGE. is offline   Reply With Quote